GAS Alert!!!!

I'm not sure someone would paste an image onto a background as busy as that. Takes away from the subject. Usually, you want to enhance the subject, sorta like this shot of one of my Strats...

Kevin2 061A 1_Sm.jpg

I'm not sure that was the best color choice now that I look at it, but you see what I'm saying. There's nothing to draw the eye away from the subject. We blew away the background, and replaced it with the "nothing" you see there with a little color flare.

That's because it IS floating. I'm a little surprised he did that good a job with bounce flash but still put it over a background that busy. But look at the shadow from the neck and headstock. Then while you're looking there - notice the white coat hanger propping up the headstock. I'm pretty certain he put something under the body as well.

Is that what that is? I thought that was a price tag tucked under the headstock. Either way, great photography. Horrible pickguard, but great photography :icon_biggrin:

Err you're right it is... my perception must've been off a bit. Made sense at the time, I suspect in a couple hours it'll be better.

VMT2917A.jpg

VMT2917B.jpg

My thought process when seeing this neck:
1. OMG 1 PIECE EBONY (Macassar) NECK!?!?!?!?!!
2. 1 11/16 nut width, compound radius, MOP dot inlays...
3. Standard thin back contour....................sssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ChrisCrossApplesauce said:
VMT2917A.jpg

VMT2917B.jpg

My thought process when seeing this neck:
1. OMG 1 PIECE EBONY (Macassar) NECK!?!?!?!?!!
2. 1 11/16 nut width, compound radius, MOP dot inlays...
3. Standard thin back radius....................sssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
NICE NECK

I was planning plain ebony, but I could live with the Massacar  - but  that headstock... ugh.. if it was a strat headstock with a normal nut it'd be almost exactly what I want for the chambered korina Mean 90 machine I'm building. SRV back - meatier profile than most showcase necks.
mn1410a.jpg

Yeah, well, I just moved and my son's getting married in a month or so, so the pocketbook is screaming in pain.

Man I got to say I really hate flamed and quilted top strats. They always look so cheap to me. Like a damn Mighty Mite build or somethin. There is only one that I absolutely loved though and that guy got ripped off because theres some unwritten rule that a VIP trumps them all. Hell that pearloid binding and all the drama surrounding it should have been enough.

Dude, just... no.  Don't go there.  There is no way a statement like that is going anywhere but straight to an argument, and you know it. 

I like when Pablo acts like a Dick and then calls everyone who gets mad at him a Dick, thus Perpetuating the cycle of Dickosity.

pabloman said:
Man I got to say I really hate flamed and quilted top strats. They always look so cheap to me. Like a damn Mighty Mite build or somethin. There is only one that I absolutely loved though and that guy got ripped off because theres some unwritten rule that a VIP trumps them all. Hell that pearloid binding and all the drama surrounding it should have been enough.

hannaugh said:
Dude, just... no.  Don't go there.  There is no way a statement like that is going anywhere but straight to an argument, and you know it. 

O.K., I will start the fight, I mean argument.  I am not much into a fancy quilt tops, but a nice flame gets my heart to pumpin'
Stupid is as stupid does... :icon_tongue:

AGWANANA-RAMA said:
I like when Pablo acts like a Dick and then calls everyone who gets mad at him a Dick, thus Perpetuating the cycle of Dickosity.

He must have come close to callin me a dick while he was defending Lars ulrich this afternoon. It's all good my main online persona is a loud mouth dick

AGWANANA-RAMA said:
I don't like quilted Strats. other than that I can live with it.

I hate strats, seriously have NO gas for a stat ever.The closest I've come is  one of marco's but it's still not for me.

Back