Fried Tele - are ya feeling it?

simple

Staff member
We've all done the burnt wood thing on school projects and the like, how about on a Tele? We could clear it, burst it, trans it....what do you think?

Attachments

• burnt33.jpg
    burnt33.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 416
  • burnt22.jpg
    burnt22.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 316
Maybe a light brown tint, then clear.  It'd look like snakeskin.  I like it.

Looks great.

Helps that it a great looking piece of ash...
Who can resist a great piece of ash?

Ahh, I'm tired.

Yes....just yes.

Reminds me of T50's AMAZING star guitar. I have wanted a burnt ash guitar for so long.

That isn't for me. But I applaud the fact that Warmoth continues to try new things.

I have a Jazzmaster that is being finished this way.  Gain filling/leveling is a nightmare, but it looks good.  I dunno what I am going to do.  Prolly just some amber sanding sealer and then an easy to build up clear.  Hopefully I'll have it ready this summer.
Patrick

I like it!!
I recently fried a squier, but a fried Warmoth is even better!!

I agree with most on tobacco or trans amber!

JaySwear said:
i love it! that is really cool... i wonder what other woods would look like with this

um . . . . I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the'd look burnt.

will the burnt maple necks just be lightly toasted, like the body, or will they be roasted, like the MusicMan necks, or the chocolate necks? (was it anderson? or suhr? Charvel?)

Märkeaux said:
will the burnt maple necks just be lightly toasted, like the body, or will they be roasted, like the MusicMan necks, or the chocolate necks? (was it anderson? or suhr? Charvel?)

I don't know about the others, but I know Suhr is roasting necks:

Classic_Shorline_Gold_13382_d.jpg

I'd love to try one out.

B3Guy said:
JaySwear said:
i love it! that is really cool... i wonder what other woods would look like with this

um . . . . I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess the'd look burnt.

:doh: Thank you

But really, different woods with the same finishes can look completely different. Same thing applies here

Back