Floyd rose help

brownsound79

My floyd rose saddle (D string) is rusted a bit...(from the sweats...) now it always breaking the D string...
what can i do guys...?? 

I've never run into that, but Id probably use sandpaper and files to get rid of the rust and anything sharp.  Possibly hit it with a little paint to seal it.

Either that or replace them if its too bad.
http://www.guitarpartsdepot.com/Original_Floyd_Rose-Floyd_Rose_Parts-1.html

Once those saddles start rusting, there's little you can do to stop it. You'd be better off getting a new saddle.
What's interesting to me is that it's the D string. Usually the low E and sometimes the A are the saddles that get a lot of abuse.

yyz2112 said:
Once those saddles start rusting, there's little you can do to stop it. You'd be better off getting a new saddle.
What's interesting to me is that it's the D string. Usually the low E and sometimes the A are the saddles that get a lot of abuse.
I'd have to agree, once the finish is worn off, it's best to just replace it and move on. Or you'll be forever fighting the rust problem..

DangerousR6 said:
yyz2112 said:
I'd have to agree, once the finish is worn off, it's best to just replace it and move on. Or you'll be forever fighting the rust problem..

+2

'Must be the dry climate I live in, 'cuz I have never had any component rust on any guitar that I have ever owned (and a couple I have had for 17 and 18 years). I have seen pictures of guitars online that had rust on the hardware, including Floyd Rose bridges...

T.L. said:
'Must be the dry climate I live in, 'cuz I have never had any component rust on any guitar that I have ever owned (and a couple I have had for 17 and 18 years). I have seen pictures of guitars online that had rust on the hardware, including Floyd Rose bridges...
A lot of it has to do with a persons perspiration . My brother's sweat is very acidic and I don't let him play my guitars anymore, his sweat would destroy my strings. And my wife's sweat is the same way, I can polish the aluminum grips on her bike and within an hour of riding they looks like they've been oxidizing for years...

DangerousR6 said:
T.L. said:
A lot of it has to do with a persons perspiration . My brother's sweat is very acidic and I don't let him play my guitars anymore, his sweat would destroy my strings. And my wife's sweat is the same way, I can polish the aluminum grips on her bike and within an hour of riding they looks like they've been oxidizing for years...

I'd hate to know about your personal life.  :toothy12:

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
T.L. said:

I'd hate to know about your personal life.   :toothy12:
:doh:

Well what can i say...i only sweatin' when its time to shreddin'     :headbang: :headbang:

well its about time to get this..
String_Saver_Saddles_for_Floyd_Rose_Tremolo_Detail.jpg

graphtec1.jpg

Back