Exotic Lam Top bodies released today....

Man ... so ... close ... to ... buying ... one ...
Which one are you eyeing? Maybe you are the inspiration I need to buy the body I was looking at 😁 I am 9/10 of the way to hitting the buy now but then I will have two Warmoth bodies laying around that I have not put together. 🎸🎸

You sir are a BAD INFLUENCE!

Hhmmmm ... perhaps, after my taxes are done (they're ungodly complicated this year and I had to file an extension and have to get a CPA to do them), and if I get enough money back, if it's still available I'll take it as a sign that I was intended to buy it. I wonder if my wife will buy that argument? :ROFLMAO:

I am so cloooosseee to buying this specific body, however I think I will wait for my tax return to hit my account. Maybe the bodies will stay up for a while longer. 😁

Same here my friend, same here I can swing the 700 greenbacks for the tele that caught my eye to keep my Koa strat company but I half want to wait for another Koa drop next year or I need inspiration like a set of pickups or a new neck to get me to buy the tele I saw today.

Which body were you looking at in today's exotic lam top drop? Also did you show your koa body in the forum yet? ☀️ 🐢🏖️

I really love the look of these two. My head is hoping someone buys them soon. My heart is hoping no one buys them! :ROFLMAO:

PS-15977a.jpgPS-15990a.jpg

Which Tele caught your eye?

This was the Koa body I ended up getting...

koa-jpg.61439

The body has arrived, but I'm still waiting on the neck which was a custom build so I'm sure that'll still be a while which is fine. I'm not in a hurry to get it together. I'm thinking this is likely going to be a late summer or early fall build.

I saw a velocity body if I remember correctly. Is that your thing? I did not score the tele body I wanted last month so I have my eyes on this myrtle top.... 🐢🎸
Thanks for the heads-up. That velocity body looks incredible, but those myrtle tops are extremely tempting too as you pointed out...

I only have space for one more guitar in my house, so it's getting hard to decide...

I really love the look of these two. My head is hoping someone buys them soon. My heart is hoping no one buys them! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 61718View attachment 61719

Which Tele caught your eye?

This was the Koa body I ended up getting...

koa-jpg.61439

The body has arrived, but I'm still waiting on the neck which was a custom build so I'm sure that'll still be a while which is fine. I'm not in a hurry to get it together. I'm thinking this is likely going to be a late summer or early fall build.

Congratulations on the guitar yes I saw that one when I logged on the moment they launched these. I was awake half an hour before and refreshing the page haha.

I have a serious question for you, how do you plan to mount the humbucker and single coils in to the body?

Congratulations on the guitar yes I saw that one when I logged on the moment they launched these. I was awake half an hour before and refreshing the page haha.

I have a serious question for you, how do you plan to mount the humbucker and single coils in to the body?

I haven't decided for sure the specifics yet, but I'll use a humbucker ring and some single coil rings. Warmoth doesn't list any single coil pickup rings on their site, but if you do a Google search for "single coil pickup rings strat", you'll find plenty of results.

Why do a lot of the bodies not indicate what type of wood the top is? It'll just say "Exotic"

That threw me off too, but you can see what it is at the bottom in the notes.

This was a compromise we made to keep from adding a bunch of weird species that we'll rarely (if ever) sell again to the builder templates.

I haven't decided for sure the specifics yet, but I'll use a humbucker ring and some single coil rings. Warmoth doesn't list any single coil pickup rings on their site, but if you do a Google search for "single coil pickup rings strat", you'll find plenty of results.
Your build sounds like a bombshell.

Shovel theory is the same as having an old reliable pickups truck that your not scared to park in walmarts parking lot. When it gets scratches you call it character. As opposed to a shiny new Ford Fiesta that runs like shit but is real shiny and your scared to get a scratches.

I want a sharp Shovel vs a shiny one, I prefer function to esthetic. That said if your guitar is a functional demon AND looks nice, that's acceptable you just may not want to gig with it to preserve the flawless finish.

Paint on a pig, vs. Diamond in the rough

Shovel theory is the same as having an old reliable pickups truck that your not scared to park in walmarts parking lot. When it gets scratches you call it character. As opposed to a shiny new Ford Fiesta that runs like shit but is real shiny and your scared to get a scratches.

I want a sharp Shovel vs a shiny one, I prefer function to esthetic. That said if your guitar is a functional demon AND looks nice, that's acceptable you just may not want to gig with it to preserve the flawless finish.

Paint on a pig, vs. Diamond in the rough
Like a beater guitar.

Back