Anybody collect stamps?

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
I collected stamps for a short time as a kid, and still have this. I wonder how much it might be worth. I wouldn't even know where to begin research that or who to trust. And by the way: I already checked there are no upside-down airplane stamps.

11337001_10153423899333217_5073102292730892435_o.jpg

11337030_10153423899328217_7975622800157012628_o.jpg

I have no idea. I used to collect coins as a kid and had a few folder things full with a few rares. My brother took em and spent em all while I was away at college.

THE world authority is Stanley Gibbons.
if you can't find useful info there I don't know where you will!
And to confirm how much Stanley Gibbons were known in our youth I offer this:-
Stanley Stamps Gibbon Album by Soft Machine.

If you are not familiar with Soft Machine the story of how Daevid Allen asked William Burroughs for permission to use the name is NOT suitable for this forum!

If you are not familiar with Soft Machine the story of how Daevid Allen asked William Burroughs for permission to use the name is NOT suitable for this forum!
Do you have a link? In the accounts I'm finding there's nothing salacious...unless that's what you meant.

Do you have a link? In the accounts I'm finding there's nothing salacious...unless that's what you meant.
1966 or 1967. Daevid Allen heads over to Paris to ask William Burroughs if he can use Soft Machine as the name for the band.
Burroughs says yes and would he like to know Burroughs' philosophy the quick way or the long way?
Allen replies long way = Burroughs wittering on for hours vs quick way = Burroughs gets to sodomise him.

Back