7/8 Soloist bodies...

Even if they just do one with a shifted bridge location because it's almost a 7/8 body itself, I've seen a few 7/8 neck retrofitted Soloists on google images

edit: https://www.warmoth.com/Gallery/GalleryItem.aspx?id=5767 here's an example

This should be an off-menu option for pretty much any rear routed flat top body Warmoth offers. They can just move the pickups and bridge position to accept a 7/8 neck. Same thing on necks, actually. You can get any of the guitar necks done as a 7/8, so you can put them on a 7/8 or Mustang/Jaguar/Jagstang body.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
If I may, I believe the one caveat is that 7/8 cannot be in a Fender headstock, is that correct?
Warmoth only makes the 7/8 neck in the warhead headstock. That hasn't always been the case though. I built a 7/8 guitar back in 1989-1990 with a 7/8 Strat headstock neck and 7/8 rear-routed Strat body from Warmoth.
But, I really do think a 7/8 warhead headstock neck, on a 7/8 soloist body would look f'ing spectacular.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
If I may, I believe the one caveat is that 7/8 cannot be in a Fender headstock, is that correct?

Yep, correct. Warmoth is only allowed to use Fender-licensed headstocks on our Fender replacement neck products.

7/8 necks do not function as a replacement neck for any Fender product, and therefore may not use a Fender-licensed headstock.

7/8 Soloist as a good suggestion, but isn't going to happen any time soon.

Next year is Warmoth's 40th Anniversary, and to commemorate it we are currently working on some seriously cool stuff. Like seriously cool stuff, which will be taking R&D precedence for the next year.

By 2021, who knows.....

The Aaron said:
7/8 Soloist as a good suggestion, but isn't going to happen any time soon.

Next year is Warmoth's 40th Anniversary, and to commemorate it we are currently working on some seriously cool stuff. Like seriously cool stuff, which will be taking R&D precedence for the next year.

By 2021, who knows.....

We had better start saving for 2020...

40 years! Congrats to all at Warmoth!
I remember my first Warmoth order. An unfinished alder Strat body in 1988. The order form was a full page ad in "Guitar for the Practicing Musician" magazine.

TBurst Std said:
Just saying
A 7/8 soloist body would be great
If you don't want to wait for the day to come along, you could make your own. It would be a very fine project. Then when they're available, order and make another one. :icon_thumright:

[quote author=stratamania
We had better start saving for 2020...
[/quote]

This seems like very good advice.  :redflag:

Back