40th Anniversary Special Dye Finishes

Cactus Jack said:
I’ll buy two right now. Happy to call in and place the order.

Sorry, can't happen. Can't have an Oklahoma land rush on Monday morning if we've already sold Oklahoma. But we did give you a sneak across the border, and let you decide where you want to stake your claim, so you're already a jump ahead.

Saddle up and be ready on Monday!

I'm not generally a big fan of that sort of quilted maple, but I have to say that the nebula burst Soloist in particular looks fudging incredible.

The Aaron said:
Cactus Jack said:
I’ll buy two right now. Happy to call in and place the order.

Saddle up and be ready on Monday!

Bastards!  Bastards all! 

This "double country" guitar better be worth it!    :icon_thumright:

The curly maple Strat one is nice too, they did well to put a hardtail as it'll keep the guitar lightweight. At 4lbs10oz + tremolo it would have been a bit on the heavy side to my taste for a Strat.

That Pele fade though is growing on me a lot. The quilt on the Soloist Pele fade body from is as nice as can be, it's also clearly cut from the same exact piece as the Strat body blue fade quilt one.

I'm really hoping all of you will be buying these before I do  :icon_biggrin:

What kind of neck would look good with the pele fade?  Maybe all rosewood?  Which begs the question .... 40th anniversary necks?

With the middle 'flame' section I could be tempted to pair it with a roasted maple neck, otherwise any dark fingerboard (ziricote, RW, ebony) with matching peghead veneer should look good. A quilt maple peghead veneer would work well but given the direction of the fade on that finish I'm not sure what would go well with it yet (using the central yellow/orange/red) could look a little odd.

I'd be tempted to do the neck in a roasted maple or rosewood, something darkish, with an ebony or dark Indian rosewood fretboard and maybe a bloody basin jasper dot inlay.  For the headstock I'd go with quilted maple dyed the same yellow/orange as the center of the body.

Less than an hour to go at the time of this post... 23:10 PST

Its already early morning and the 16th March in the UK. I am curious to see what is there on offer.

The Aaron said:
These were announced today, and go on sale next Monday:

40th_Anni_Dyes.jpg

These things are eye-popping in person. My personal favorite is Pele Fade.

With finishes like these, I wonder how amazing Warmoth would be as a guitar manufacturer. Not parts but full guitars.  :turtle:

stratamania said:
Less than an hour to go at the time of this post... 23:10 PST

Its already early morning and the 16th March in the UK. I am curious to see what is there on offer.

Well the 16th PST arrived about an hour ago but so far I don't see anything for sale. Perhaps they go on sale when Warmoth opens for the working day?

Aaron said 9, so I'm guessing 9 Pacific Standard Time. Just under 3 hours! Don't think I'll be buying anything, but I'm always just moments from making poor financial decisions so we'll see  :dontknow:

Ohh man. They're beautiful!

This one is my fave... I'd love to set it up with all black hardware as a super strat...

MUST RESIST!!!

Attachments

• PS14716A.jpg
    PS14716A.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 203
  • PS14716B.jpg
    PS14716B.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 201
Back