Word of the day: Fluctuations

Death by Uberschall

Master Member
Today's word is: Fluctuations

I was at my bank today; there was a short line..There was just one lady in front of me, an Asian lady who was trying to exchange yen for dollars. It was obvious she was a little irritated . . . She asked the teller, "Why it change? Yesterday, I get two hunat dolla fo yen. Today I only get hunat eighty? Why it change?" The teller shrugged his shoulders and said, "Fluctuations." The Asian lady says, "Fluc you white people too"

:toothy11:

crackup.gif
*I* probably find more humour in this than some...as I've traveled in the East, my wife is Asian, and I've heard it all before 
crackup.gif

i felt so bad laughing at this that i told my mom to make sure she laughed too haha thats a pretty good one

HAHAHA! Priceless! I'm a bit of a language nerd so I love stuff like this :icon_biggrin:

To me, the most shocking part of this whole story is that a yen is now worth $180.  :doh:

Good one DbU!  :laughing7:

Death by Uberschall said:

I was at my bank today; there was a short line..There was just one lady in front of me, an Asian lady who was trying to exchange yen for dollars. It was obvious she was a little irritated . . . She asked the teller, "Why it change? Yesterday, I get two hunat dolla fo yen. Today I only get hunat eighty? Why it change?" The teller shrugged his shoulders and said, "Fluctuations." The Asian lady says, "Fluc you white people too"

2003 called and wants their joke back.... :icon_jokercolor:

DangerousR6 said:

:doh:

It's for the new generation, not old farts like you!!  :toothy12:

DangerousR6 said:

You know what else is for the new generation?
waynes-world.jpg

Max said:
DangerousR6 said:

You know what else is for the new generation?
waynes-world.jpg
:laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:

Hey, DBU........
slap.gif
tag_youre_it.gif
...Biiiiiiiiooooooootch....!!!!!

dbw said:
To me, the most shocking part of this whole story is that a yen is now worth $180.   :doh:

Good one DbU!  :laughing7:

I liked this joke. But to make it a little better, 200 down to 180, overnight, would have been a total collapse of the market. When I tell this joke I'll do 200 down to about 198. hehe!!
MULLY
sorry, I follow the yen/dollar exchange all the time

Max... WTF. what are you a 30 year old trapped in a 16 y/o body?  I'm BARELY old enough to have made that pepsi joke and I've got to have 10 years on you. :dontknow:

Back