Will making a change to my order delay it?

O

Orange Tortex

I placed an order a little over a month ago, and since they changed the website, I noticed that you can now have a special paintjob done on your guitar if you email sales. I ordered my body unfinished so that I could paint it myself because I want some kind of stripe design, but I just saw that you can order a competition stripe finish if you request it by emailing them.
As far as I know my order is not yet in production. I'm anticipating it to take a long time, seeing as COVID put them behind. I can no longer track my order because of the website update, too. So if I changed my order from an unfinished body to a competition stripe body but with everything else the exact same, will that delay my order?

Yes!  It goes something like:

1) any change to the order pulls it out of the pile and goes back to the beginning.
2) Admitting publicly you were thinking about it adds a week.
3) Even thinking about it adds a day or two.

As said, yes it will delay it but you are talking about finishing, which would be an understandable 2 to 4 week (probably) delay anyway. Given their finishing prices are reasonable overall I personally would feel OK about having them finish it if they now have a finish that really resonates with you. Especially how cool and unique the one you are interested in is. In my case, if I wanted a dye finish, I would definitely go with Warmoth.

I've gotten unfinished bodies and later sent them to MJT for a finish. This has been largely economic management (admittedly not the most efficient but if you aren't making a lot you do what you do) to break things into two periods of time even if the end total is more than I would have paid Warmoth to do it all in one go. If you can do your own finishing the matter is, of course, that they now have something you are interested in getting from them.

The old web site did not provide progress updates to orders. Yes changes to orders will inevitably lead to additional time and in various cases additional cost.

Back