Who can relate?

Haha!!! In my house the conversation is more like:
"Hey hun, did you buy another guitar?"
"No, did you buy another pair of skis?"
"No...."

:)

No - I did not by myself another guitar (i bought one for the kid instead) -

The real question is - did you bought another pedal....

LOL....Jordan Peterson out-thinking everyone in the room, including himself.

The funniest part is the interviewer saying "yes" and "I understand" like he has any clue what that word-soup means.

nah, I can't relate. i think it says a lot about someone, their relationship, and how dimly they must view their partner if they need hide things like this

Last edited:
at domestic deception? yeah that's no good

oh uh, I mean.. u ever notice how nuts (and legumes) are only sold dry or roasted? someone could make millions getting them moist before they bag em up for sale. pre-moistened nuts are more inclusive too (easier to chew). a real boon for children's and the elderlys teeth and nutrition. good for people who can't have dairy too. see, Gen Z will never understand growing up with parents who poured gallons of milk into our bodies with a funnel every day because #BigMilk told them that if we didnt drink enough our bones would like, go soft and we'd turn into pudding people and get kidnapped at the mall by satanists. and I don't mean that as a slight to Gen Z, who by and large seem lovely and more emotionally intelligent than previous Gens, but growing up pre-internet might as well be like having grown up on a different planet, and not one of the cool ones (jupiter, mars, saturn). On one of the lame ones (mercury, neptune). whats neptune ever done for me, the common man?

nah, I can't relate. i think it says a lot about someone, their relationship, and how dimly they must view their partner if they need hide things like this

at domestic deception? yeah that's no good

I have a feeling everyone agrees that deceiving your spouse with malice or selfishness as your motive = bad.

But sometimes what makes something funny is everyone in the room knowing it's wrong. It's kind of foundational to comedy, isn't it? Jokes are nearly always at someone's expense. There are many, many jokes similar to the one in the OP, but pointed the other way...and I think a lot of them are funny even though they are aimed at me.

AIIBH I think the joke in the OP is aimed at men more than the women. It's more about a "dumb" man groping for an excuse than a "smart" man thinking he can talk over his spouse's head. But I can see how it could be taken the other way around.

Yes
But in all she don’t mind as she knows where i am at and what i am doing
It is not like there is a phantom bar bill or hotel charge on a credit card LOL
35 years+ best woman in this galaxy for me

Last edited:
I have a feeling everyone agrees that deceiving your spouse with malice or selfishness as your motive = bad.

But sometimes what makes something funny is everyone in the room knowing it's wrong. It's kind of foundational to comedy, isn't it? Jokes are nearly always at someone's expense. There are many, many jokes similar to the one in the OP, but pointed the other way...and I think a lot of them are funny even though they are aimed at me.

AIIBH I think the joke in the OP is aimed at men more than the women. It's more about a "dumb" man groping for an excuse than a "smart" man thinking he can talk over his spouse's head. But I can see how it could be taken the other way around.

i-get-it-oh-i-get-it.gif

yeah maybe i've just known and seen at like guitar center too many d-bag (short for dirt bag) dudes doing shady stuff like buying gear using secret credit cards or paying with a prepaid debit card and sneaking stuff home when their partner is away or something. like, i especially regret helping this one guy carry a giant kurzweil keyboard into his quote "man cave" quote unquote while his lady was at work despite him giving me $10 to do so. afterward i asked if him he ever wished he had a time machine so he could go back and be a less embarassing, gaslighting, manipulative boyfriend and said he didn't know anything about time machines and to get the hell out and go ask someone named HG Wells. i wrote down the name.

Nah … I can relate. Y’all saints. I’m going to hell.

i-get-it-oh-i-get-it.gif

yeah maybe i've just known and seen at like guitar center too many d-bag (short for dirt bag) dudes doing shady stuff like buying gear using secret credit cards or paying with a prepaid debit card and sneaking stuff home when their partner is away or something. like, i especially regret helping this one guy carry a giant kurzweil keyboard into his quote "man cave" quote unquote while his lady was at work despite him giving me $10 to do so. afterward i asked if him he ever wished he had a time machine so he could go back and be a less embarassing, gaslighting, manipulative boyfriend and said he didn't know anything about time machines and to get the hell out and go ask someone named HG Wells. i wrote down the name.

Wow...what a massive relief. I was so afraid I was gonna click the Spoiler button and see a picture of me!!!

I actually have the perfect solution: found a company in the music industry. My new sparkly strat was actually paid for by Mayfly Audio. I'm writing it off as test equipment (up until then I didn't have a humbucker equipped guitar to test new designs with).

I actually have the perfect solution: found a company in the music industry. My new sparkly strat was actually paid for by Mayfly Audio. I'm writing it off as test equipment (up until then I didn't have a humbucker equipped guitar to test new designs with).

I do the same here, I have to declare my gig money as an income, so guitars and pedals are now work expenses. Also, my wife agrees that I can do whatever I want with gig money, since it does not affect our regular income and budget.

Still, she's always happy when I brought her to breakfeast restaurant the day after most of my gigs.

Trevor nails it. Make music a viable business. My gig money is income, gear acquisitions are expenses. Yes I keep tack of miles and tolls as well. Haven’t been bold enough to deduct a portion of the house as it is a shared resource with my true work office.
In the new house (planned), it will be.

I also report my true work 1099 gigs through the same EIN.

Back