Which truss rod cover and nut for this neck?

ragamuffin

So I ordered this neck two weeks ago: vortex with a bubinga shaft, ebony board, no inlays. I ordered it with a white nut just out of habit, but now I'm starting to second guess that. I was planning to use an ebony truss rod cover but I think it might look strange with the white nut. If I stick with the white nut perhaps I could make a bubinga cover?

So what do you think for this neck: white nut/bubinga truss cover or black nut/ebony cover?

I'll be using nickel hardware for things like the bridge and tuners, but ebony wood knobs, pickup rings, toggle cap and possibly tuner buttons. So I'm thinking maybe I should continue the ebony route.

r2VkKXK.png

Well the obvious Q is, can you replace the nut?  It’s the outlier you called out.

Regardless go ebony.
Maybe dye the nut?

black nut and ebony cover ... into the black, that kind of look will never die, hey hey, my my ...

Perhaps wait and see what it looks like. But if it needs swapping replacing it with a pre slotted black Graphtec would be fairly straightforward.

Thanks guys! I think I've decided that I want a black nut, so I emailed Warmoth to ask if they can still change it.

Spike replied and said that they can still change it, but it would be a $25 charge since the neck is already in production.

I accepted; I wish I didn't have to pay $25 dollars for it, but whatever.

I learned my lesson: fully plan out your build aesthetics BEFORE ordering  :eek:ccasion14:

I bought my truss rod cover from thaliacapos.com (The rosewood T-12 with pearl peace dove in particular) - they have them in a bunch of different shapes and styles, and you can get the wood to match your fretboard and either choose a design or have it customized with your name or something. Lots of cool options that add a really unique touch.

:headbang:

SeaGroomer said:
I bought my truss rod cover from thaliacapos.com (The rosewood T-12 with pearl peace dove in particular) - they have them in a bunch of different shapes and styles, and you can get the wood to match your fretboard and either choose a design or have it customized with your name or something. Lots of cool options that add a really unique touch.

:headbang:

Very cool! I already ordered a plain ebony one, but I might have to check that out

Back