What's your thoughts on a lacquered neck?

Byron

Before I commit, I'd like some thoughts on a nitro finished neck. Feel, durability, etc.?

Some people say that nitro necks feel less "sticky" or "plastic-y" than poly.
Warmoth only offers satin nitro finish for necks, so no gloss unless you farm it out or DIY. I've heard people say they feel pretty great though!
Nitro is never as durable as poly, but advocates for nitro generally like it that way.

My experience/opinion: nothing feels as good as a unfinished neck that's been burnished to a a fine shine!

My warmoth satin nitro necks feel good. Note that they don't stay satin for long - they shine up when you play them.

I will say that my raw necks feel better though :)

I feel they are shinier than non finished necks.
You're killing me here. I've been known to stare at shiny objects. Plan C is to seal the neck with clear and 'paint' some color on to match the face. I have two cans of colortone clear left. The 36$ for the amber at stewmac makes my wallet quiver.

I prefer three ultra thin coats of wipe on poly. Barely noticeable to me. However, I am probably in the minority.

My warmoth satin nitro necks feel good. Note that they don't stay satin for long - they shine up when you play them.

I will say that my raw necks feel better though :)
Do your necks have a lot of wear on them? Do you care to post a picture?

Back