What even is this

My guess would be it's a custom order that was rejected or canceled by the purchaser.  There's no upside in cutting a body like that purely on spec.

That is what happens when (pick one)
1) Pepperoni pizza messes with your dreams
2) Mess with the builder while drunk
3) Get your mind absolutely dead set on some wild goose chase.

I have my share of crazy ideas that make other people scratch their heads too.

That's FRANKENSTEIN!

Perfect for the coming October holiday!

Don't let this year's Halloween pass you by, grab yours today!

An easy option for the bridge would be to buy a passive type pickup in EMG shape. They are available then you would have a set of passives. You could then use a 3-way selector for neck and bridge and add a push pull pot to bring in the middle pickup.

Odd combination in any event.

stratamania said:
An easy option for the bridge would be to buy a passive type pickup in EMG shape. They are available then you would have a set of passives. You could then use a 3-way selector for neck and bridge and add a push pull pot to bring in the middle pickup.

Odd combination in any event.

I was going to say what Stratamania already said above. Plus add that there's the Free-Way Ultra Switch that would probably allow you to get any pickup combination with those three pickups and then some:

Free-Way_Ultra_Switch.jpg

Or have it routed for something else:

Attachments

• VIP Guitar Body.png
    VIP Guitar Body.png
    278.6 KB · Views: 366
Ostensibly, it's for the same people who liked the idea of the Gibson Nighthawk:

gibsonnighthawk.jpg

Which, to be fair, I kind of like the Gibson Nighthawk.  I've never played one, but I would imagine it has quite a wide range of tone options with all those different types of pickups.

As for "how do you wire this", PRS controls used to use a rotary switch, which would give you a lot more positions to play with.

What is that body, you ask?

It is evidence that Warmoth is a true custom shop, where you can get pretty much anything you want. It is also evidence that Warmoth's return/cancellation policy is extremely fair.

And now it's an opportunity for someone to get creative, and walk away with an axe that is truly one-of-a-kind.

double A said:
And now it's an opportunity for someone to get creative, and walk away with an axe that is truly one-of-a-kind.

if it goes to Screamin' Deals become cheap enough I will buy it.  :laughing8:

BTW. I do have a VIP body with 3 pickups, using push-pull pot to bring in the middle pickup.

double A said:
What is that body, you ask?

It is evidence that Warmoth is a true custom shop, where you can get pretty much anything you want. It is also evidence that Warmoth's return/cancellation policy is extremely fair.

Got that right!  Just got approved for my custom pickup route today, thank Justin for me!

Booo. Justin told me no today.  You must be more normal than me.

swarfrat said:
Booo. Justin told me no today.  You must be more normal than me.

Been buying W parts since 1991 and this is the first time I have been approved for a non-standard configuration.  I'm feeling more along the lines of abnormally normal

Back