What does Warmoth have up their sleeves for their 40th?

Miseria

Looking to do a couple of new builds this year. Leaning towards a P bass and an offset build (prob a Jag or Jag-stang).

Anyone have any fun theories or rumors on what new offerings or special finishes Warmoth will have to celebrate their 40th? I'd hate to buy parts of a new build only to see something I MUST have come out right after haha.

Not looking for real answers (unless Aaron is feeling generous), fun speculation is fine  :headbanging:

- Perhaps expanding the hardware/electricals offerings in a bid to be more of a "one-stop shopping" solution
- New finish options
- Offering "loaded" pickguards for those who get out the garlic and crucifixes when you mention wiring/soldering
- "Custom Shop" build/setup services

The first might be easy enough, but may require more of an investment than would be prudent. Easy to get burned on that sort of thing. The second makes perfect sense, as their finish department is fantastic, so say the least. I'm sure they're capable of much more. The last two sorta go against the business model of their being "parts suppliers" vs. "builders", and could invite more licensing issues/warranty work than they'd want to handle.

RA Strat pickups appear to be a standard option now. Not really sure what else they could do to top that.

The cage-meister has proposed up a number of really cool ideas

loaded pickguards would be my choice but the future can be so #nebulous

like If you were to travel back to 1019 and show a mideaval serf a 2019 John deere combine harvester he would think it was magic, and if you told him "surf's up" and did the little hang-loose hand gesture, he would be like "what", so the future is hard to predict; I would love to see something like hover belts or chickens that cook themselves when you press a button on their heads.

Or guitar strings that last forever, made of Kevlar.

The biggie dubs (W, for warmoth) could maybe start doing rolled fretboard edges (but as I said elsewhere it's actually pretty easy to diy)

They've made it pretty clear in the past that the license agreement has some strict rules and they're not likely to make any suspicious or sudden moves toward it.

My money is a couple cool finishes and not much else. New routes or models is sorta expensive in comparison, especially for ROI. Unless someone loses big in court that is.

They've hinted a new body shape in one of Aaron's videos and then there's the new orange color that's already in the admin , and I'm guessing that they've got much more to show down the line.

What about a glue-in neck offering? Something akin to the PKG offerings? 

New finishes would be awesome too. I've been wanting to do some kind of double bound, flake finish 24 3/4 tele w/ a Bigsby for a while. I just would hate to order all the parts then see some awesome limited edition run come out right after I blow my money.  :glasses9:

Miseria said:
I just would hate to order all the parts then see some awesome limited edition run come out right after I blow my money.  :glasses9:

I agree. I've said the same before.

Perhaps expanding the hardware/electricals offerings in a bid to be more of a "one-stop shopping" solution. Nope.
New finish options. Yep.
Offering "loaded" pickguards for those who get out the garlic and crucifixes when you mention wiring/soldering. Nope.
"Custom Shop" build/setup services. Nope.
Spokewheel truss rod adjustment at the heel end of the neck? Nope.
RA Strat pickups appear to be a standard option now. Yep.
loaded pickguards would be my choice but the future can be so #nebulous. Nope.
The biggie dubs (W, for warmoth) could maybe start doing rolled fretboard edges (but as I said elsewhere it's actually pretty easy to diy). Nope....but see special notes below.
...and if you told him "surf's up" and did the little hang-loose hand gesture....    Interesting choice of words....
My money is a couple cool finishes and not much else. Yep, and nope.
They've hinted a new body shape in one of Aaron's videos and then there's the new orange color that's already in the admin , and I'm guessing that they've got much more to show down the line. Yep, yep, and yep.
What about a glue-in neck offering? Nope.

*Special Note about rolled edges: I've held in my very own hands new Warmoth necks and new necks from another manufacturer that offers both "light rolled", and "heavy rolled" edges. I've compared them side-by-side, and the edges on the Warmoth necks were as rolled or more so than the other's "light rolled" necks. In other words, Warmoth's edges come already rolled to the same degree as what some manufactures call "light rolled".

Warmoth does not offer or do "heavy rolled". The other company is able to offer this (on certain woods) because they only do oil finishes. Warmoth, OTOH, offers true hard finishes. Hard finishes make adding rolled edges a challenge on anything but maple/maple. The salient questions: where along the radiused edge do you terminate the finish? And how?

The Aaron said:
Perhaps expanding the hardware/electricals offerings in a bid to be more of a "one-stop shopping" solution. Nope.
New finish options. Yep.
Offering "loaded" pickguards for those who get out the garlic and crucifixes when you mention wiring/soldering. Nope.
"Custom Shop" build/setup services. Nope.
Spokewheel truss rod adjustment at the heel end of the neck? Nope.
RA Strat pickups appear to be a standard option now. Yep.
loaded pickguards would be my choice but the future can be so #nebulous. Nope.
The biggie dubs (W, for warmoth) could maybe start doing rolled fretboard edges (but as I said elsewhere it's actually pretty easy to diy). Nope....but see special notes below.
...and if you told him "surf's up" and did the little hang-loose hand gesture....    Interesting choice of words....
My money is a couple cool finishes and not much else. Yep, and nope.
They've hinted a new body shape in one of Aaron's videos and then there's the new orange color that's already in the admin , and I'm guessing that they've got much more to show down the line. Yep, yep, and yep.
What about a glue-in neck offering? Nope.

*Special Note about rolled edges: I've held in my very own hands new Warmoth necks and new necks from another manufacturer that offers both "light rolled", and "heavy rolled" edges. I've compared them side-by-side, and the edges on the Warmoth necks were as rolled or more so than the other's "light rolled" necks. In other words, Warmoth's edges come already rolled to the same degree as what some manufactures call "light rolled".

Warmoth does not offer or do "heavy rolled". The other company is able to offer this (on certain woods) because they only do oil finishes. Warmoth, OTOH, offers true hard finishes. Hard finishes make adding rolled edges a challenge on anything but maple/maple. The salient questions: where along the radiused edge do you terminate the finish? And how?

So any new announcements for February?!?!  :icon_biggrin:

As of this morning this is now official:

83517582_10159622660018289_2779437452236947456_o.jpg

That not juicy enough for you? Make sure you're paying attention in March and April, and then again in the summer time.

Hehe! Probably. Unless they're still on an old CRT monitor or something "brightness challenged"  :icon_biggrin:

Not my thing, but for those that like orange, should be a hit for them!  :icon_thumright:
....although I like almost every color I've seen when you show in a video in satin.

I'm thinking from the "juicy" hints, there will be more fruit color choices coming out as well. Just no more "bursts" for the love of god  :icon_biggrin:

Will we see colours called Blueberry Hill and Tutti Frutti?

In any case get your dancing shoes on...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVWm9PQeYtE[/youtube]

The juicy comment wasn't a hint, just a play on today's orange release.

Trying to squeeze any meaning out of it would be a fruitless labor.

The Aaron said:
The juicy comment wasn't a hint, just a play on today's orange release.

Trying to squeeze any meaning out of it will be a fruitless labor.

Life's a Lemon sometimes  :laughing7:

Back