Gotoh 510
7/8" side input jack
Cream binding

Wiring:
Bare Knuckle Riff Raff bridge
Cheap Wilkinson Neck (temporary)
Vol/Tone 3 way toggle
Push push pot Vol/Tone bypass

I have finally almost finished my first Warmoth.  She plays like a dream and the notes just jump out of her and ring for ages.  I have been reading this forum for a couple of years now but I dont really post much, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the regular posters on here as your information has helped he nail down what I wanted for my dream guitar.  Since she arrived I have not been into a guitar shop to drool over other guitars.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    425.7 KB · Views: 1,209
  • 2.JPG
    312.5 KB · Views: 715
  • 3.JPG
    359.4 KB · Views: 680
Very cool! I bet it feels great to the touch as well. I love the way that Wenge feels in your hand.

Why does that sound so weird and vaguely pervy?  :dontknow:

Man, that is STUNNING!! Glorious, pure wood simplicity! Truly beautiful!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Very nice guitar! :icon_thumright:
How does it sound? Really thinking about ordering a VIP...

Spectacular!  All Wenge, all the time.  The story might be the Wenge, but the binding on neck and body along with matching pickup rings really set it off for me.

As requested, a rear shot.  I lemon oiled her last night and she is now a lot darker and the body is now a closer match to the neck.  The photos really dont do her justice, really it is a bit darker and the grain is not as pronounced.  It looks almost black with some subtle chocolate brown grain, the pictures make it look a bit orangey.

Not sure how well I can describe how it sound, but I will try.  Bass is really round and smooth sounding.  Treble is really smooth and she has no harshness or twangyness.  Midrange is HUGE and again really smooth.  Notes jump out of her and  ring out for days and when not plugged in its the loudest electric I have heard.  The BK riff raff is a really bright and agressive so playing through my 18 watter gives a fantastic crunch.

Its not just the neck the vibrates, its the whole guitar, it really feels alive when your playing.  It is heavy, I dont have scales but I think it would be too much if it was not chambered

Damn, that is one beautiful :glasses9: geetar  :icon_thumright:
Definitely a GOTM contender.
You should be very proud of her...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

That really is one fine instrument. The binding is an excellent touch.

I love it!! I have been thinking about a VIP since the LP double cut is no longer an option. I can't see myself using anything other than a wenge neck now that I've tried one but a full wenge guitar that is really intriguing! Do you think it weighs more than a standard non chambered Les paul?
great looking Guitar you got there!

I think it might be heavier, I dont have any scales to give you a true weight but when I find some I will post it.  I dont regret anything about this guitar, its perfect.  Just need to decide on a neck pickup now, thinking I might go for one of Bare Knuckles HSP90's....

The binding really makes the wenge pop. That's a pretty special guitar!  :headbang1:

Holy Solzhenitsyn! That's a lovely looking guitar. Great work to bring that to life.  :hello2:

A real beauty that one! Definitely GOM material (I mean, a similar guitar has made it before, hint hint)  :laughing7:

Back