Warmoth's Honey Burst vs. Tequila Sunrise Burst ?

Unwound G

I have always wanted a Carved Top Tele and since the sale is on with some attractive prices, I confirmed a Flame Maple face and Swamp Ash body.  The finish will be done by Warmoth and I have taken the Burst route.

Now I am deciding on Tequila Sunrise Burst or Honey Burst.  They seem quite colse except, I think, T. Sunrise has more red in it.  Can anyone give me some details on the two Burst options ?

One more vote for the honey burst  :icon_thumright:
However, your not building this for me.  Unless you really want to; I would accept.

Honey Burst:

ps3821c.jpg

honeyburst.jpg

Tequila Sunrise:

tequilasunrise.jpg

I like the honey better.  It's a little less in-your-face than the tequila.  But if in-your-face is what you are going for, get the tequila.

To sum it up, the real difference is just how dramatic the edge burst is. If you like a dramatic change at the burst, get the tequila.

I personally like a smooth transition, but that's me, so I would go with the honey burst.

+1 on the honey burst. I've never been too fond of the tequila bursts.
They remind me of Epiphone LP bursts.  :sad1:

I dont post here much but i paint all the guitars at Warmoth. The Tequila Sunrise Burst is done using Tangerine Orange and yellow and is very bright. The Honey Burst is a mixture of Tangerine Orange, Brown and Yellow with a light Yellow shot in the center. I would say Tequila is an in your face burst and the Honey is a very subtle and mellow burst.

Hope this helps your decesion!

Ty said:
I dont post here much but i paint all the guitars at Warmoth. The Tequila Sunrise Burst is done using Tangerine Orange and yellow and is very bright. The Honey Burst is a mixture of Tangerine Orange, Brown and Yellow with a light Yellow shot in the center. I would say Tequila is an in your face burst and the Honey is a very subtle and mellow burst.

You should post here more often, then  :icon_thumright:
I, for one, would love to have another finishing expert here. Even if the style of the Tequila Sunrise Burst isn't my thing, Warmoth (you) has some extremely well-painted guitars.

Max said:
Ty said:

I, for one, would love to have another finishing expert here. Even if the style of the Tequila Sunrise Burst isn't my thing, Warmoth (you) has some extremely well-painted guitars.

+1  :icon_thumright:
Any communication from the Warmoth staff is greatly appreciated...
It would be great to see you be more active in the forum!
:rock-on:

Well, I'd have to vote for some variant on the tobacco burst for the "all time" winner - not Warmoth's, or any of the others with a big patch of yellow in the middle ringed by brown, but Duane Allman's '58 Les Paul... the closest Warmoth comes is their "tiger burst" but there are a pile of people making pretty guitars. Even Carvin & that Paul Reed Smith fellow manage to squirt some nice ink now and then.
This doesn't look too hideous:
PRStobacco.jpg

Nor this:
PRSMatteoMist.jpg

If you look at where the various colored ones come from, it's pretty clear PRS starts 'em, then Carvin & Warmoth pick them up when it becomes clear people actually will buy blue & swampdragon-colored guitars. Although the Warmoth guys have been given a green light on some creativity, lately. Heck, even Gibson is doing a bang-up job with all their various bursts, ice tea, root beer, desert, sienna, I can't even remember them all. 'Tis a shame to waste such nice finishes on a Gibson... :sad1:

Max said:
Ty said:

+1000!  We love your work.  :headbang1:

Ty said:

Hey Tyler, How'z it goin?

Now...'Tangerine Orange' is that different than Candy Tangerine, and can you order a guitar in Tangerine Orange?

Death by Uberschall, Yep painted that one as well. The Dragon burst i created when i was running my own paint shop, this was to match a tatoo a customer had and wanted his bass to match. We dont come up with all the colors but some we get credit for! If you guys have any paint questions i would be happy to answere them. Oh and hi flying squirel how ya doin?

Back