Warmoth Vintage 6 saddle Tele bridge question

tylerncc

Hey all!  So I just finished my first build (Warmoth body, neck, some hardware) and while I'm waiting for everything to settle in so I can do the final setup I'm thinking about an issue with the bridge. I used the Warmoth 6 saddle vintage bridge (https://www.warmoth.com/Vintage-Telereg-6-Saddle-Bridge-Chrome-P612C704.aspx) and it looks like the adjustment screws for the saddles are way longer than they need to be. It almost looks like its designed to allow you to use a 24 3/4 scale neck if you wanted or something.  My intonation is close, but still slightly sharp across the board, so I know i need to pull the saddles back further, but its getting to the point that the adjustment screws are almost conflicting with the strings. This will be helped somewhat once I get the nut slots at the right height because I could lower the saddles a bit and get the screws more parallel to the strings, but it still seems excessive.

I was considering taking a Dremel cutoff wheel to the last 1/4"-3/8" on these, but thought it might be worth asking around here to see if anyone else has had a similar issue. Any advice is very much appreciated!

Also, I definitely have the build bug now. I need another guitar like i need a hole in my head, but I'm already planning the next one! Knowing this forum is here with so many people willing to offer expertise gives me more confidence that I can get through tricky stuff! thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4226.jpg
    IMG_4226.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 194
If your referring to the intonation screws then, yes I have shortened them before. However, I would suggest not doing it until you've got everything setup, adjusted and sized to the point that your totally happy with the guitar. And then only take off enough to get them out of the way. You never know when a future string change will call for re-adjusting the intonation. You don't want to shorten them too much and limit your possibilities in the future.  :headbang:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I've actually got the neck relief where I like it and the nut slotted down reasonably well and I'm working on intonation now. The low E intonation screw is conflicting with the string (havent even checked the rest yet), so obviously I need to do something. I'm going to get everything as close as I can and then take off just enough to not cause the conflict, but hopefully leave enough to give myself some room to adjust in the future if needed. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt about to do something that had a much easier solution...

thanks!

Back