Warmoth solid-body Stat/Rick Turner Model 1 Frankenstein build

Buddy

Hi all,

I'm doing my first ever custom guitar build (well, I'm only going to be fitting the parts).
I have just ordered the neck from Warmoth: Padouk with ebony fretboard, MOP dots. Luckily, they had a showcase exactly the spec I was building, so I saved a lot of money! :)

A local luthier doing the body for me. It will be Alder, cut to Turner M1 shape, but with strat contours, 2x single coil pickups (using a Seymour Duncan JB Jr at  the bridge) and they will rout it for the strat tremolo and 2 pickups. Also having the 'dummy acoustic hole' routed which will just be a circle routed a few mm and painted black, it ill also house the neck pickup.

I will need to send the body off for paint, so would appreciate any recommendations in London/Hertfordshire area..

I will need some help from you guys when it comes to installing the pickups, volume/tone pots & pickup selector. I've never done that before.
I have attached a photoshop mock-up of what I am trying to achieve, altho I hope it looks better in real life. I will post pics as the guitar progresses.. :)

I am actually building this guitar for a gig that requires an electric sound, but an acoustic 'look', so I get to hopefully build a really cool guitar.

Attachments

• guitar_design.jpg
    guitar_design.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 23
Just took the neck out of the box today and put the Grovers on it.
Super impressed with this Padouk wood, it's really stunning!

Attachments

• neck.jpg
    neck.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 18
Back