Warmoth is Deadly (another build idea)

stratamania said:
The scroll effect is using the move tag. It has a an icon that looks like an M with arrow either side of it.

Very cool!  Thank you.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
Does anyone else have this problem:  When posting, the computer seems to hang up.  But if I navigate away from the posting page, my post seems to be there.  But if I go back one level in the form, it is not listed.  If I add a second short post, it then appears.

Weird.
I have the same problem......keeps spinning but if I go to the guitar side of the page where my computer drawn guitar is posted and push "rear" or "front" then it causes the build side to trigger and then post what I have selected.  Not sure what is wrong with the virtual machine.  On the non-virtual side my concern is that there are no choices at times for controls and few other items that I would think I would need since I am not doing that work on this side and hope to just assemble (small things too like drill holes for pickguards, etc).  The lack of controls is probably the most concerning.  Not sure if anyone else having these problems with the virtual side or the non-virtual selection side?  Otherwise, still designing away......always working on my next Warmoth guitar!

fdesalvo said:
Sweet mercy do we have an update yet??

Well, I know it is in production.  There is another body/neck I ordered about the same time that does not have a lam top, just a trans finish on a swamp ash body.  That one just shipped yesterday.  So hopefully, the Velocity will be on it's way in a week or two.  :icon_thumright: 

You, sir are a pioneer!  :guitarplayer2:

DocNrock said:
fdesalvo said:

Well, I know it is in production.  There is another body/neck I ordered about the same time that does not have a lam top, just a trans finish on a swamp ash body.  That one just shipped yesterday.  So hopefully, the Velocity will be on it's way in a week or two.  :icon_thumright:

fdesalvo said:
You, sir are a pioneer!  :guitarplayer2:

DocNrock said:
fdesalvo said:

Pioneer?  OK, I'll bite.  What am I pioneering?  :laughing7:

fdesalvo said:
:party07: :party07:

:glasses9:

Thanks.  I've put in the order and am waiting to hear back on the pegface veneer.  For the meantime, I can still make changes.  The VIP is going to have a Floyd.  All of my Floyded guitars have recessed Floyds.  I've ordered this one as recessed, also, but am thinking about non-recessed with an angled neck pocket.  Does anyone have a carved-top guitar with a non-recessed Floyd?  Thoughts on it versus recessed?  With a non-recessed, I can put a bigger sustain block on the bridge. 

I also ordered the standard humbucker routes, but now am toying with the idea of wood mount, without rings (HxH configuration). 

I guess I should put the questions into the context of the overall build.  The body is chambered swamp ash with a flame maple top, finished in washed black dye, with black binding.  The back is simply clear gloss. The neck is a Warmoth headstock birdseye maple with a birdseye maple fingerboard, black binding, black mother of pearl dots, and (if the shop approves it) a flame maple pegface veneer also finished in washed black dye. 

I usually go satin nitro finish on maple necks, but for this one I went gloss because of the birdseye.  Has anyone done satin on birdseye?  Does it turn out as well as gloss does?  I have a birdseye Tele neck finished in gloss.  The birdseyes look so deep and 3D with the gloss finish. 

If it helps there are a few pictures at the link below, the headstock was done with satin nitro and the back of the neck with Tru oil.

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22445.msg335422#msg335422

stratamania said:
If it helps there are a few pictures at the link below, the headstock was done with satin nitro and the back of the neck with Tru oil.

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=22445.msg335422#msg335422

Thanks for the link.  The back of that neck looks gorgeous!  I wish I had the time to learn how to do finishes, and the time to actually do the finishes.  That Tru oil really made the birdseyes pop.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
All of my Floyded guitars have recessed Floyds. 
I've ordered this one as recessed, also, but am thinking about non-recessed with an angled neck pocket. 
Does anyone have a carved-top guitar with a non-recessed Floyd? 

I'm not a Floyd Rose user.
But noticed this the other day .... http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tremolos/6:frx-series/frx

It's a direct swap for Tune-O-matics & stopbar type bridge system.

Suppose it's just another option to have for the Floyd lovers.

Updown said:
DocNrock said:
All of my Floyded guitars have recessed Floyds. 
I've ordered this one as recessed, also, but am thinking about non-recessed with an angled neck pocket. 
Does anyone have a carved-top guitar with a non-recessed Floyd? 

I'm not a Floyd Rose user.
But noticed this the other day .... http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/tremolos/6:frx-series/frx

It's a direct swap for Tune-O-matics & stopbar type bridge system.

Suppose it's just another option to have for the Floyd lovers.

Thanks for the link.  That's pretty cool. 

Back