Warmoth 7/8 Stratocaster

Fender.Fan

A couple months ago I was only dreaming of doing this. Now it’s completed and I couldn’t be happier!

Let’s dive in. First thing I decided I wanted, was a 7/8 strat. I decided I wanted hardtail too, since I’ve never used my tremolo. So off to the Warmoth showcase I went. I found the body I wanted.

Ydodhue.jpg

I had the body routed for universal, so I could put different pickup variations in it. I then had Warmoth send it off to MJT to be finished. This is after the initial coat pre relic!

sgEOHBI.jpg

VMKgZT1.jpg

While waiting for the body, I had Doug make me a neck plate!

nVu09iS.jpg

I also got started on the electronics. I chose lace sensors. I also put a tesi killswitch, push pull volume, tbx tone knob, Emerson capacitors and treble bleed.

qo3px0v.jpg

About that time I got some progress pictures from MJT!

OQFjcPL.jpg

XK8CGJ6.jpg

Soon after I got my roasted maple neck!!

wWExhmQ.jpg

f6H2AAO.jpg

And not too long after MJT sent me the final progress pictures

jGf0FfO.jpg

zipa3zN.jpg

Monday I finally got it!

uRGxLwL.jpg

vSGUVcL.jpg

Here are the string ferrules, for some reason I really love this picture

2jZqaBu.jpg

In the control cavity I put a sticker of downtown. A piece of home.

7eObuMS.jpg

r1kykHV.jpg

Next the pickguard was installed!

WXQCDV6.jpg

Strung it up and played it!! I’m in love with it. Warmoth for the win  :icon_thumright:

14gp1WH.jpg

f7C6YpQ.jpg

All in all I’m super proud of it! Can’t put it down!!

TcnnNXV.jpg

W2DUCus.jpg

That came out awesome. Love it.
Told you that a blue painted 7/8 Strat was the way to go. Didn't I? Well, I might have and I agree with everything you've done here.
Very nice job :icon_thumright: :eek:ccasion14:

Question
I thought the 7/8 bodies required a 7/8 neck, all of which have a warhead headstock and 24 frets.
What’s up?

TBurst Std said:
Question
I thought the 7/8 bodies required a 7/8 neck, all of which have a warhead headstock and 24 frets.
What’s up?

A mustang/jaguar neck will fit and intonate correctly!

Fender.Fan said:
TBurst Std said:
Question
What’s up?

A mustang/jaguar neck will fit and intonate correctly!
Ahhh.  Forgot about that

I second Rgand - those color combos are great - especially the high contrast white pickups on the black pick guard.

Also, I love the juxtaposition of vintage Strat platform and modern appointments - I love the idea of a Strat with an alternate scale, two pickups, Lace pickups, and a kill switch. 

Great job!  :icon_thumright:

Well, I did a pickguard and pickup swap on it. Went traditional

I couldn’t decide which picture to use so I give you both

O078VGe.jpg

b8RkI1S.jpg

Back