Wanna Trade for a VH1 Painted Body?

rudbobbins

Hey all,
I've spent the last year playing Van Halen songs on this VH1 replica body I painted about a year ago. I'm ready to move on and thought I'd just paint over it, but I'm actually pretty proud of how nice it looks. It really is pretty authentic as far as the layout of the stripes, etc. Maybe somebody has been wanting to create a replica and maybe I could share/trade (for the body only, no hardware, etc).

The body itself, I don't know where it originally came from. I had it with a 2006 MIM strat neck, and it was originally a metalflake green color. It has some rough spots on the back where I had trouble stripping the paint off. All the paint on it now is Nitro from reranch.com. It is scuffed and "relicced" abit to try to match Eddie's original from the pics I found online. I make no claims as to it being perfect or even any quality of wood (I don't know what it is, I bought it at a pawn shop about 3 years ago). It is super-light and comfortable to play, at 3.7 lbs. It is routed for HSH. Check the pics.

What I'm asking for is a trade for an already painted strat body that is routed the same way. Doesn't need to be beautiful, just functional. The bridge I have to put in it is a traditional tremolo. I'm not picky, if someone can just make me an offer. I'm hoping like-for-like, just I ship it to you/you ship yours to me. done deal.

This is a really cool guitar when you add the neck and pick guard, etc.

-buz

IMG_4362_zpsad623d56.jpg

ScreenShot2013-02-05atFebruary5080815PM_zpsa1412ce4.png

IMG_4363_zpsb5a71c93.jpg

IMG_4364_zps5ccd420b.jpg

IMG_4365_zpsd710817a.jpg

IMG_4366_zps71050b80.jpg

IMG_4367_zps202e2fe9.jpg

IMG_4368_zps73394432.jpg

Back