Virtual Guitar Builder?

CJT1775

Greetings all. This MUST have been covered here before, but my search was fruitless. Are there any decent virtual guitar builder sites/apps out there? I’m no coder or tech guy, but seems like it would be an easy enough concept  ???

Halo had most of the Gibson shapes at one time but deleted them a few years back.  Except for the RD, which is still there.

I started a build of https://virtual-guitar-builder.co.uk/ a while back with plans to add lots more, but it’s a lot more work than you may think.

My approach was an experiment that went way beyond practicality for the method used initially [intentionally so] and I do plan to rewrite it - when I have time…

CJT1775 said:
but seems like it would be an easy enough concept  ???

As a person who's been arms-deep in technology since childhood, I hate this phrase.  Even the smallest customization to make someone's job easier can take days, from concept to development to testing to reworking to release then oh, this was wrong after all, then back to fixing, testing, releasing again, etc.

We make it look easy and simple or else the average person can't or won't use it.

NedRyerson said:
CJT1775 said:
but seems like it would be an easy enough concept  ???
My apologies, did not mean to offend. I’m a simpleton when it comes to technology… just an end user that appreciates simplicity in things while knowing absolutely nothing about creating them  :dontknow:
As a person who's been arms-deep in technology since childhood, I hate this phrase.  Even the smallest customization to make someone's job easier can take days, from concept to development to testing to reworking to release then oh, this was wrong after all, then back to fixing, testing, releasing again, etc.

We make it look easy and simple or else the average person can't or won't use it.

Didn't Warmoth have a complete guitar builder tool in their site a number of years back? It would be great if they had that (again) - to build EVERYTHING in Warmoth, including pickups, pickguard, neck etc. would be so incredibly helpful.

Oh man yes!! I was wondering if I had misremembered this and that it was some other site. lol I loved that tool as well. Man I hope they consider bringing it back. It is SO helpful in visualizing a complete build with the right guards, hardware, neck / fretboard woods, etc.

Back