vegetarian necks

dbw

Master Member
Vegetarian filter on showcase necks... no abalone inlays, MOP inlays, or bone nuts.

Oh, boy.  I know I have told you this before, man, but I have been a vegetarian for over seventeen years.  The most important lesson that I have learned in this time, is that I have made this choice that nobody understands, and very few people respect.  In fact, most people are openly hostile to it.  BUT it is my choice, and I stand by it nontheless.  However, anytime you try to foist this upon anyone else, they will push back.  If you don't want abalone, or bone nuts, well, buddy, it is up to you to search it out, just like it is up to you to find a place to eat when you and the fam are out on some interstate and every eatery within miles takes pride in advertising the piles of animal carcasses that you will be devouring should you enter said establishment.  It's lonely on this side of the fence, but you better get used to it.

A respectable chunk of my friends are vegetarian (out of the 13 I invited to my birthday, 2 were vegetarians), so I don't have a problem with it. (I served tofu burgers for them)

If my ways of life are respected by them, I will respect theirs. I'm pretty used to having friends who are different, as 10 of my few friends are bi/gay. 3, maybe 4 are vegetarians. And there's other stuff too.

I understand the appeal of vegetarianism and all, and I've considered switching to it, but my taste buds were hostile to it.

Another part of my not switching is the difficulty of living a simple vegetarian life.

Congrats on keeping up with your decision and morals for 17 years, Louie!

Sir SchmoopY said:
says the man with the leather guitar strap.  :icon_jokercolor: 

That's why I gave 'em away!

Sir SchmoopY said:
seriously?

Mostly joking, though it's inconvenient that they put abalone inlays on so many nice exotic necks.

nathan a said:
Pssst.... dbw... a filter like that would be for vegan necks.

Yes, well, call it what you will.

guitlouie said:
Oh, boy.  I know I have told you this before, man, but I have been a vegetarian for over seventeen years.  The most important lesson that I have learned in this time, is that I have made this choice that nobody understands, and very few people respect.  In fact, most people are openly hostile to it.  BUT it is my choice, and I stand by it nontheless.  However, anytime you try to foist this upon anyone else, they will push back.  If you don't want abalone, or bone nuts, well, buddy, it is up to you to search it out, just like it is up to you to find a place to eat when you and the fam are out on some interstate and every eatery within miles takes pride in advertising the piles of animal carcasses that you will be devouring should you enter said establishment.  It's lonely on this side of the fence, but you better get used to it.

Thanks, guitlouie!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Well, sorta. Vegetarianism is a diet. Veganism is basically a lifestyle.

Vegetarians don't eat meat. Done.

Vegans don't eat meat or any other animal products, regardless of whether or not it kills the animal. No milk, for example. Many don't use honey (some do, for some reason). And it's vegans who don't use animal products even if you're not eating them - leather, abalone, mink stoles.

Keeping vegan is hard.

There's room for all God's creatures...right next to the mashed potatos.  :icon_biggrin:

"That's why I never joined no group, first thing they do is make you give up pork."

Redd Foxx

Sorry but I don't understand (I've checked Warmoth's site for the 0.1% of chance of a "vegetarian" appear in the browse section  :icon_biggrin:)

"I'm a vegetarian, but not a strict one, I do eat chicken.......
and beef....... but not fish, that's disgusting!"
Jim Gaffigan

Wana_make_a_guitar said:
Well at least theres never going to be any hardcore vegan necks. No inlays from animals or animal products that can cast a shadow.

I assume you're trying to reference The Simpsons here: "I’m a level 5 vegan — I won’t eat anything that casts a shadow."  No vegans will use animal products.  The guy from the Simpsons must use graphite necks and acrylic bodies  :laughing7:

LOL Vegan guitar.

I'm all for living a conscious lifestyle, we run on solar panels, I'll take an avocado sandwich over a burger any day. Actually, I'll go hungry over a eating a burger any day.

All this can be taken too far, but yeah, abalone inlays serve no purpose. I don't think they even add to the beauty of a guitar, and I can't see them when I'm playing (or maybe I just don't bother looking), so I don't see the point. Mollusks on the other hand, have a vested interest.

We'll talk about the goat skin drum some other time.

dbw said:
Wana_make_a_guitar said:
Well at least theres never going to be any hardcore vegan necks. No inlays from animals or animal products that can cast a shadow.

I assume you're trying to reference The Simpsons here: "I’m a level 5 vegan — I won’t eat anything that casts a shadow."  No vegans will use animal products.  The guy from the Simpsons must use graphite necks and acrylic bodies  :laughing7:

love that episode.
"I have a mulch pile at home."
"I pocket mulch."

for all you folks that are griping about abolone dots.....on necks made from exotic woods that are soon to be on the endagered species list/ farmed from places that humans should not be like Madagascar.......

Brian

onedrop said:
All this can be taken too far, but yeah, abalone inlays serve no purpose. I don't think they even add to the beauty of a guitar, and I can't see them when I'm playing (or maybe I just don't bother looking), so I don't see the point. Mollusks on the other hand, have a vested interest.

I know they aren't for everybody, but I gotta stick up for abalone inlays with this pic of Chris of Arabia's strat (awesome guitar)...  made me so glad I ordered them on my custom neck (which by the way went to finishing dept yesterday!!! very exciting news for me).

Chris of Arabia said:

Back