[Updated] Fiesta Red Strat

exaN

Hey guys, I decided to do something I always wanted to do, which is to upgrade my first Warmoth guitar! I lent it to my dad for a couple of years and recently brought it home with me after my holiday visit. There were some things about it I didn't quite like, such as neck profile, frets, pickups.

Here's the original thread (from almost a decade ago!)

The new specs are:

Code:
Neck:
-Dark rosewood/maple 
-Vintage tint finish
-Vintage/modern construction
-Compound radius
-Standard thin profile
-Graph Tech nut
-Gotoh tuners
-22 SS6150 frets

Body:
-Swamp ash
-Fiesta red
-DiMarzio Injector bridge, DiMarzio Area 67s middle and neck
-Standard Strat wiring
-Mint green pickguard

And here's how it looks now:
vLmGvAK.jpg

It plays and sounds really great. I always liked the 67s in the neck and middle but it was way too bright and weak in the bridge and ended up never using the bridge pickup. The Injector really brings it all together, very versatile on both ends of the spectrum. I added a Fender decal after much inner debating. It's purely for looks and would of course never even pretend this is a genuine Fender. I kept the "WITH SYNCHRONIZED TREMOLO" (it's a fixed bridge) as an easter egg :laughing7:.

It's also interesting to see the difference in parts colors here:
-Neck and middle pickups have the original white covers that naturally aged and a bit yellowed
-Bridge pickup cover is the DiMarzio aged white color
-Knobs and switch tip are Warmoth parchment
-Pickguard is mint green (very hard to capture in photo even with good color correction)

That's a nice guitar. Most of the specs happen to be of my personal preference (especially the neck).
I hate the Injector bridge pickup. Sounded awful in my Fender Strat, so I replaced it with a
Super Distortion-S.
Sounds great now. Still have the Area 67s  neck & middle.

Kudos on the hardtail bridge. My Warmoth Strat has one, and my next Strat build will also have one.

Street Avenger said:
That's a nice guitar. Most of the specs happen to be of my personal preference (especially the neck).
I hate the Injector bridge pickup. Sounded awful in my Fender Strat, so I replaced it with a
Super Distortion-S.

Kudos on the hardtail bridge. My Warmoth Strat has one, and my next Strat build will also have one.

Thanks! So far I don't have anything bad to say about the Injector, but I'm also into Paul Gilbert's music so I might be biased.

exaN said:
Street Avenger said:
Super Distortion-S.

Thanks! So far I don't have anything bad to say about the Injector, but I'm also into Paul Gilbert's music so I might be biased.

Well I have one for sale cheap if you're interested. Like-new condition.

Back