Unbox my first warmoth scalloped Neck

Nice! I look forward to seeing how this comes together! I've never tried a scalloped fingerboard.

It’s a different feel.  Have one currently (scalloped fret 5 up as at times I need to capo to odd keys for vocalists).
You certainly need to be aware of finger pressure. Hammer ons/pull offs are a lot more pronounced is what I hear. Speed went up only a touch.  Comfort went up more at least for me.  Won’t be my last 1, as I have 2 other planned.

TBurst Std said:
It’s a different feel.  Have one currently (scalloped fret 5 up as at times I need to capo to odd keys for vocalists).
You certainly need to be aware of finger pressure. Hammer ons/pull offs are a lot more pronounced is what I hear. Speed went up only a touch.  Comfort went up more at least for me.  Won’t be my last 1, as I have 2 other planned.

Wow! I think we all can look forward to seeing those! Can you favor us with further details?

LOL Look back.  It’s was a VIP build in progress from 2009.  The decade plus build.  LOL.  I got the body right as the W was halting full lam tops and going to double lams.  So it was the old school dished out control holes ala PRS.

I think I posted a pic of the neck (all rosewood Vortex).
DC Custom guitars did the scalloping for me and our own Cagegy burnished it and dressed the frets. 

I have try Yngwie's Fender Stratocaster in local music stores , it not comfortable but OK to try play it .

Besides, try something different main reason is I want to paint the fingerboards.

Back