Ultimate Baritone Iceman Build!

NyanFloyd

So about a month ago, I orderered a custom Iceman body and custom baritone nomad neck for it. Specs are as follows...
Body:
Iceman
Mahogany with quilted maple top
Top and bottom pearloid binding
Finished in Gloss transparent turquoise
Routed for TOM bridge with angled pocket
All standard Iceman switches

Neck:
Baritone nomad
Standard thin profile
Gloss finish Maple neck with Pau ferro fretboard
White Corian nut
6105 nickel frets
White pearloid lightning bolt inlays
Mother of pearl side dots

Hardware/electronics:
TV jones classic Bridge pickup
TV jones Magna-Tron neck pickup
Gotoh TOM bridge
Hipshot classic tuners with pearloid buttons
Chrome top hat knobs with pearloid inserts
CTS 500k pots
Switchcraft 3 way toggle

I can't wait till it arrives so I can get building!
Should look something like this minus the hardware.....

Attachments

• 20210621204354.jpg
    20210621204354.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 83
Oh man, that is going to be absolutely WILD! I love unique designs like that! The transparent turquoise is a beautiful color, I have something similar on a strat, though it's just alder. Dye would make it really pop if you're doing a quilted maple top.

Can't wait to see it all finished!

It's finally on its way! Should be here next week sometime! :headbang4:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211006-231311_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20211006-231311_Outlook.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 16
Well this is kinda bittersweet. Body arrived and it's gorgeous but unusable. My pickups don't fit:(

I ordered TV jones with ears. The rout is way too small even if I take the ears off. Looks like it was routed for mini humbuckers by mistake. The receipt/build sheet is correct though.....

I emailed them last night but because it's a weekend I probably won't hear back until sometime next week.

As you can see by the size of the pickup rings there's no way that these will fit.

Attachments

• 20211009_000753.jpg
    20211009_000753.jpg
    688 KB · Views: 38
  • 20211008_234504.jpg
    20211008_234504.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 36
Perhaps TV Jones may be willing to swap the pickups to fit the TV Jones routs ordered for the body?

That was my thought if we confirmed the pups ordered were English mount.  From the rings, and it’s hard to tell, they may be. 

There's a lot of scope for confusion here*. First off though, the routing the OP has does not match Warmoth's own photos and diagrams of TV Jones routs - with or without ears, as they both are just round-cornered rectangles (see here, so it does appear that they have made a mistake (and I'm sure will put it right).

I'd be interested to see some measurements (that's maysurements, Aaron) - of the routs, and the OP's pickups and mounting rings.

*So much so that I can't face getting into it right now, but will just point out that 'with ears' is not the same thing as 'English mount'.

Pups are universal mount TV jones classic in the bridge and magna tron for the neck. They can be installed with or without ears. I think the only thing that would fit in the current rout would be mini humbuckers.

Then yep, most likely W routed for mini HBs in error. What a pain.

At least what you need is bigger holes than what you got and not the other way around.

So after a few emails back and forth with customer service with pics and questions, they asked me to ship the body back with one of my pickups so they can re rout it and try to figure out what went wrong. Got it sent out the other day so hopefully it will be there by the end of this week and they can get working on it next week.

Back