Trade bait - tuners for tuners, a Joe Barden Tele bridge, straplocks, mo'

stubhead

Master Member
Trade Bait:
What I have, all brand new, unused:

Seven "left" (normal) black Schaller mini locking tuners
Ten "left" Planet Waves black locking, string-clipping tuners
Three chrome BML Schaller bass tuners, the big "elephant-ear" ones that need a 11/16" (17.5mm) hole. These are reversible, so they're either "left" or "right." These are the ones that Warmoth sells, with the sort-of-diamond shaped plates.

Joe Barden Telecaster bridge with the three slanted brass bridge pieces

A whole bunch of 750K resistors, these are used to turn a 500K pot into a 300K pot or a 450K pot into a 250K one, as in here:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/potm.htm

I don't even buy so-called "250"-K pots anymore, more and more even "good" CTS pots seem to be pushing the limits of their stated +-20% values and they're always low - while a "500K" pot that reads an actual 400K is usable, a 250K pot clocking under 200 is like using flannel guitar strings. Just fix the big 'uns... what I'd like to trade the 750K resistors for is some 150K or 200K ones - trade 20 for 20? The shipping is more than the value of the parts.

Three sets of chrome Schaller strap locks, these are the only things even slightly "used", most of them just sat there screwed onto straps.

I need:

one SHORT inertia block for a 1 9/16" thin Fender-style body (anything except zinc.) It looks like there are 32mm, 37mm and 42mm brass options for Floyd? Or just plain normal size steel. Even a custom aluminum one, if one of our machinists wants to take a shot - just duplicate a standard Strat block, same six string holes (IMPORT/MODERN 52mm string spacing), same three mounting bolts, same five spring holes - but only 35mm high. I would trade one full set of six tuners  or the Barden Tele bridge (value $55 or so) PLUS something for such a block. I don't even have a standard zinc block to mess with, if somebody has an extra I might be able to saw it up..... I just made a lovely little rosewood block so I can set it up hardtail, so my search for the "perfect block" can be slow, non-pathological, cheap....

ALSO WANT:

one Gotoh hardtail bridge, #GTC 102; or, one Hipshot hardtail bridge.

six import-width solid steel or chrome-plated brass bridge saddles.

Strat jack plate  - "Recessed Top Jack Plate, Chrome"

500K Blender pot (Stew-Mac, or...)
Dual 500K pot (same shaft)
Any/all concentric pots - 250/250; 500/500; 250/500; matching knobs?

One set (or TWO sets!) of chrome Schaller locking tuners, all "Right" (reverse of normal Fender). This means if you want to order some black Schallers or Planet Waves, you could order me six "right" chrome ones and get the black ones (from me) at a reduced price.

Warmoth prices:

(me have 10) Planet Waves black tuners, six left (normal): $68 = $11.33 each

(me have 7) Schaller left mini M6 locking tuners, black, $15 each, $90/six

(me want) Schaller right mini M6 locking tuners, chrome, $13 each, $78/six

(me have 3) Schaller BML elephant-ear bass tuners, reversible, chrome, 4 for $65 = $16.25 each.

(have 3 sets) Schaller straplocks, chrome $13.25; black $17.25

So, somebody who already wants to buy black Schallers, buy me six reverse chromies, I'll trade even-up. Or buy me some Schallers if you want Planet Waves, we can work it out.

I also have potentiometers, knobs, capacitors, jacks and that kind of little stuff out the wazoo, I'd like to try and knock off the whammy inertia block and one set of reverse "right" Schaller locking mini tuners first. I'm just whittled a rosewood wood tremolo blocking block - hardtail style too, I just want  to be able to go both ways. This guitar is going to have separate pickup and control plates just so I CAN change stuff easily. This is going to be a long dragged-out process guitar - I haven't even started scalloping the neck which I don't have yet (just custom-ordered) and with my micro-beaver-on-a-stick technology it may be a lo-oong summer. And until I pay off my new front tooth, I'm broke too, just parts-rich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFbVH7JAy1o&feature=related

Back