Timmsie Custom Shop VIP [Build]

Timmsie95

I'm starting this as my official build thread for my VIP. I don't have much yet, but This is where I'll post updates.

So first, I got the neckplate:
RT_Neckplate3.jpg

I'm waiting on the truss rod cover, and a polished aluminum cutout of the "RT" logo, for the headstock.
This is the mockup of the truss rod cover that he sent me, made of brushed black aluminum:
2016_03_09_18_19_47.jpg

(for the aluminum cutout, just picture the RT logo in polished aluminum, and that's what it'll look like...)

I ordered the body, neck, bridge, pickup rings, and knobs last Monday. Expecting them in May.
This is my rough mockup of the guitar:
Warmoth_VIP.jpg

The top on the actual guitar will be flame maple, and the knobs will be chrome domes, and the pickup rings will be black plastic with chome rings on top of them,

Today I ordered my Lace Alumitone Deathbucker pickups in black:
583006000001000_00_500x500.jpg

I was going to put an Alumitone in the neck (less output than the Deathbucker), but I opted for two Deathbuckers. Should be here between Friday and Wednesday.

In a few weeks, I'll be ordering the remainder of the hardware, and a few tools from StewMac to complete it. This will include satin chrome Sperzel TrimLoc tuners, CTS 250K pot for volume, CTS 250K push/pull pot for tone, Emerson Custom .022uF Paper-In-Oil capacitor and a treble bleed circuit with an Orange Drop capacitor.

The tools from StewMac will be a new set of depth-stop drill bits, some nut drivers, their awesome guitar tech screwdriver set, and a new Solomon SL-30 soldering iron.

Updates o follow!

My pickups came today!
2016_03_14_14_02_46.jpg

2016_03_14_14_03_18.jpg

2016_03_14_14_03_41.jpg

2016_03_14_14_04_15.jpg

2016_03_14_14_05_05.jpg

2016_03_14_14_04_47.jpg

And, of course, I had to put this comical sticker on my laptop..
2016_03_14_14_05_22.jpg

They look stunning, and both of them combined are lighter than one conventional pickup. I can't wait to get the VIP and put these puppies in it!

I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion on them once you have them installed.
Maybe some soundclips ...  :icon_thumright:

Logrinn said:
I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion on them once you have them installed.
Maybe some soundclips ...  :icon_thumright:
There's a very high possibility of that happening... Haha  :icon_thumright: (6-8 weeks to go!!...)

Yesterday I got the great news that Dave (Frets On The Net) shipped out my truss rod cpver and aluminum RT cutout! Should be here by the end of the week, I hope.

They came!  :blob7:

So happy with the results.
2016_04_04_10_42_51.jpg

2016_04_04_10_42_20.jpg

Still another month or so till I get the stuff from warmoth, and I'll be ordering my hardware from StewMac in the first week of may.
She's coming along nicely.

"Punching bad tone in...." LOL, there are some Saturday guitar shop crowds I'd like to book you to pay a visit to.  :laughing7:

That's a pretty awesome looking truss rod cover. I just realised, on your mock-up the bridge is the wrong way round.  :toothy10:

Not to change the subject, but I just wanted to cheer you on.
My Warmoth builds were no where near as fancy as yours (I'm more into understated elegance), but the passion is exactly the same. You know exactly what you want (as do I) and you're enjoying the exciting process of making it a reality. 
:rock-on:

Street Avenger said:
Not to change the subject, but I just wanted to cheer you on.
My Warmoth builds were no where near as fancy as yours (I'm more into understated elegance), but the passion is exactly the same. You know exactly what you want (as do I) and you're enjoying the exciting process of making it a reality. 
:rock-on:

Thanks! Yeah I have done endless research into everything, trying to figure out how i want it to look and feel, and i may be spending a bit more on it than the average build, but i wanted to make it something that i could truly call mine, not just another guitar that i may still down the road.
The process has been very exciting indeed.

Just placed my order with StewMac!

Everything else that I need for the guitar, including Sperzel Trim Lok tuners, cts push pull pot, cts pot, switchcraft toggle switch, treble bleed circuit, some cloth pushback wire, and a plethora of tools that will help me get it done, like a new solomon soldering iron, some nut drivers, their guitar tech screwdriver set, depth stop drill bits, and more!

I'm pumped now.
(Come on Warmoth, speed up the process!

Just wondering, how much did everything cost overall for the tools and stuff in CAD?

Back