Tigger (BK LP with Wenge/Ebony neck)

NQbass7

So a year ago I begged, borrowed, and stole (not so much of the stealing though) my way to getting this body off the showcase before someone else snatched it up. At the time I was jobless and looking for a new city to move to.

So last Spring I finally got that job, and then I saved up some money and picked up a neck and some other parts.

Well, after sending the neck off to Cagey-land for some fretwork, inserts, and a nice burnishing, I got it back and finally got everything assembled over the past few days. And gall-darnit this thing is amazing. When I'm not playing it, I find it hard to do anything else because I keep wanting to stare at it.

So here's the specs:
Body:
Black Korina on Black Korina LP
Chambered
Countoured heel
BKP Abraxas, neck and bridge (with Tyger covers)
Two volume, one tone, and one Humbucker control pot
Neck:
Wenge/Ebony '59 roundback
Pearloid binding
Compound radius
Stainless steel 6150 frets

And the part you really came into this thread for, the pictures.

zqVMW.jpg

7qUzm.jpg

MWZzt.jpg

CnIas.jpg

vOI6m.jpg

9WJKf.jpg

crash said:
Oh My Dayum!!!!  How do you like those Abraxas pups?

Not sure I'm a huge fan of them completely clean, but put a little dirt on them and they're absolutely perfect. And that's really why I picked 'em - this isn't for playing jazz.

Ridiculous. The good kind of ridiculous, of course.... that HCP sounds like a great idea - there are finally getting to be some humanely-priced versions of the "secret" wiring of Alembics and such. Have you done anything to address the 12" tunematic radius vs. the 19" radii needed to accommodate the compound radius neck? I don't usually ask, but you are so close to a masterpiece there.... that top is a perfect blend of normal and... not. :icon_biggrin:  If you know how (only!), it's an easy 20-minute job of taking a few hundredths-inch of metal off the inner bridge saddles. I'd do it free, but from the palm tree I'm guessing you're too far away to be my New Best Friend - with a guitar that nice lying around I wouldn't recommend that anyway. :evil4:

Worth the wait, if you ask me.  I remember seeing that body in the showcase, and it's great that one of our own brethren in Unofficialdom snagged it - and even better that it turned out so handsome. Congrats on the new axe and the new job that facilitated its completion!

Congratulations on the new job  :headbang1:
I love every thing about your Tigger LP and there is not one thing I would change.
Great build!!!
:rock-on:

Thanks everyone.

The HCP is okay. I think it's more useful than having two tone pots at least. I'll have to play around with it more and see if I can get my amp and pedals set up for how I'd like them with this guitar. Only ever really played with one guitar before, so dealing with a setup for two will be interesting. Once I've got that all tweaked I'll play with the HCP some more (and I'm sure I'll like the clean tone of the Abraxas better too).

Very nice guitar! And congrats on landing firmly on both feet in San Di-ahgo!  :cool01:

That's a super-fine instrument you've put together there! Just beautiful! I think I'd stare at it a lot, too!

Leumasd said:
Amazing! Love the binding on the neck, it looks really good!  :hello2: :blob7:

Yeah I wasn't sure if it would be too busy or take attention away from the body, but I think with the plain fretboard and no inlays it works out perfectly.

She is a real beauty, probably the prettiest LP I have seen.  I built a firebird with same woods except Pau Ferro instead of Ebony.  I have BKP Blackdogs in it.  Guitar just screams.  I will post some pics of that one soon.

Just saw Tigger in the "Customer Gallery Spotlight" on the W's homepage. Very nicely done, sir! It's a bada$$ guitar all around  :icon_thumright:

Back