The triangle box rules and survives UPS

Steve_Karl

I'm glad the triangle box is so able to withstand UPS abuse.
The neck was undamaged.

The Warmoth shop people did an excellent job, and I'm very happy with it!

There are minor mineral spots on the ebony, no big deal, but the fret board it's a really nice piece of wood.
I didn't make a custom choice - - - so - - - to the artistic eye of the shop person that picked it for me - I say thank you !!!
It also blends really well with the blood wood and almost has a wrap around look at one part.

Attachments

• P1011780.jpg
    P1011780.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 127
  • P1011782.jpg
    P1011782.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 117
  • P1011784.jpg
    P1011784.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 111
  • P1011791.jpg
    P1011791.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 215
  • P1011792.jpg
    P1011792.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 169
  • P1011789.jpg
    P1011789.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 151
  • P1011795.jpg
    P1011795.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 134
  • P1011793.jpg
    P1011793.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 133
Nice looking neck Steve.  :icon_thumright:

Glad it survived whatever ordeal the box met...

I have a very similar neck - Tele style with blood wood shaft and macassar ebony board.  I love it.  Burnish that blood wood and you’ll like it even more.

Very nice looking neck, and I'm glad that it survived mishandling by UPS!

Funny, I was just wondering about those triangle-boxes and matters like this the other day...

It's funny - back in the day the Warmoth neck boxes used to be rectangular, with special die cut features inside them to hold the neck in place etc. kind of like a presentation to the customer.  The boxes were beautiful, but they got banged up quite a bit. 

When I got my first neck in a triangle box, I went "Hey!  They changed boxes - and this new one is not banged up!  Must be sturdier..."  From the pictures above I think that my initial impression was true!

Mayfly said:
It's funny - back in the day the Warmoth neck boxes used to be rectangular, with special die cut features inside them to hold the neck in place etc. kind of like a presentation to the customer.  The boxes were beautiful, but they got banged up quite a bit. 

When I got my first neck in a triangle box, I went "Hey!  They changed boxes - and this new one is not banged up!  Must be sturdier..."  From the pictures above I think that my initial impression was true!

Yea. The bunch of foam wrap around the neck surely helps also.

The last triangle box I got a few yrs. ago didn't have a mark on it.

The high quality photos are here and there are some more showing the ebony color blend into the bloodwood.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xUH6tmecRAoHqKxs9

That is a fine looking neck Steve. It looks like the frets were ordered without a bevel, what do you have planned?

stratamania said:
That is a fine looking neck Steve. It looks like the frets were ordered without a bevel, what do you have planned?

Hey there,

Yea. Warmoth did a spectacular job on this custom neck. I didn't make a unique choice on the fret board and whoever initially cut it, and then whoever picked it to match well with bloodwood were both very artistically aware.

The fret end bevel ... they might just look pretty harsh because of the macro lens,
but you got me wondering so I just got it out to check,
and they have the same general bevel all new necks have had for me right out of the box. Not so bad, but not maximum comfort.

I do have a couple of diamond files so I'll be doing my usual fret end dressing and then polishing somewhere down the line.

It might as you say be the lens. In any case it looks like it will make a fine neck when it is done.

I don't even remember seeing 'bloodwood' as an option - that neck is wild! The color is just excellent. That neck is going to make for a really nice guitar.  :rock-on:

Back