The Six Million VND Tele

PhilHill

It was born in fire, found a player who loved it. Then disaster happened, it was barely alive. But we rebuilt it, we had the technology. Now it lives again.
The name comes from my love of old tv shows and the history of this one. It was going to be The Six Million Dollar Tele, but that didn't seem right. So I found VND instead, it stands for Vietnamese Dong. The National Currency of Vietnam. And it's fitting because 6,000,000. VND at current exchange rates = about $246.00 USD.
The build log is here...https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=32197.0

. Warmoth Telecaster body of Swamp Ash, thinned down and topped with Black Limba. Finished with 3coats of sanding sealer and 3 coats of Satin Nitro lacquer.
  Warmoth Tele neck of Bloodwood and Ebony with brass inserts for mounting.
  Hipshot Locking Tuners with Grover paddles and ferrules.
  Fender Tex-Mex Telecaster pickups.
  Fender six foot Chrome Tele Bridge.
  Vintage Forge Tele neck pup mounting ring and Electrosocket Jack Plate.
  250k CTS pots and Orange drop capacitor with Switchcraft 3 way toggle selector.
  Icon Plates neck mounting plate.
  Guyker revolver cylinder knobs.

XcjS0j.jpg

QV2IBI.jpg

9d0kKR.jpg

hiAvMI.jpg

w8wr5M.jpg

VSldoq.jpg

PNyku4.jpg

Forgive the quality of the pics, photography is not my forte' However I thought I should try to give a little better idea of what it actually looks like.

pBtjhq.jpg

mgbe9W.jpg

. Hopefully those are a little better.... :help:

Looks great! The darker finish is nice. You got a nice visual balance between the front and back. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Thank you. I couldn't decide between chrome and black, so I just used some of both. I wasn't sure about the control plate color, didn't want it to blend into the top so I thought I'd try some natural limba with a little yellow. The base of the top color was yellow so I just kinda hoped it would match in somewhere... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Outstanding, although I''m a bit disappointed.... :-\

Something amiss? If it's about the Icon Plate, I used it because I already had it. My next one that uses a neck plate will use one of your's, I promise.... :icon_thumright:

PhilHill said:
DangerousR6 said:

Something amiss? If it's about the Icon Plate, I used it because I already had it. My next one that uses a neck plate will use one of your's, I promise.... :icon_thumright:
No worries, it happens all the time...
Seriously tho, that's a true GOM contender.... :headbang:

DangerousR6 said:
PhilHill said:
DangerousR6 said:

No worries, it happens all the time...
Seriously tho, that's a true GOM contender.... :headbang:

Well thank you very much, I consider that high praise indeed!.... :headbang:

This one ought to be dubbed the "Cordellocaster".*

I have no clue (nor interest) in the actual law firm representing the previous owner. It just seemed appropriate given the nature of it's injuries.

Back