The "Galaxy"

Torment Leaves Scars

I just refer to mine as the "Galaxy," because it's a "Star Design."  :headbang1:

Galaxy01.jpg

The photo doesn't really do the guitar justice.  I'll snap a few more off when I get the chance...

Really nice colour scheme with the dark blue with maple, nice guitar  :icon_thumright: Metallic is it? Specs please
Was the headstock a paddle you cut yourself or a warmoth pre cut?
Wasn't sure, as ive never ventured into the guitar builder headstock options, only the bass ones  :laughing7:

Is that Specter Blue or Candy Blue?  :icon_scratch:

Either way - nice build  :icon_thumright:

And welcome to the best guitar community in the web!

I'll answer all the questions right here in this post.  I can't find a "multi-quote" option, so if I double-post, it's not intentional.  :evil4:

Star Body (Alder)

Contoured Heel

Candy Blue Finish

"Arrow" Neck/Headstock (Maple on Maple)

Abalone Face Dots

Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets (22)

"Wizard" Neck Contour

Gotoh Tuners

Schaller-Floyd Floating Tremolo

Flat-Top Knobs

Fender Pots/Pickup Switch

DiMarzio D-Activator X Neck Pickup

DiMarzio Super Distortion Bridge Pickup

I had a question about whether this was a custom-shaped headstock, and it is not.  It is one of the Warmoth options.

The best way to describe this guitar is that it feels like a Fender, plays like an Ibanez, and sounds like a B.C. Rich; all great qualities, IMO.  Ironically enough, these are the exact qualities that I like about each of these brands.  :party07:

I have some sound clips that I'd like to share.  Keep in mind that these are unfinished songs, or just things I was messin' around with, and gauging opinions.  :party07:

Just as a heads up, I was using a Line 6 UX2 for my effects. 

http://my.ultimate-guitar.com/main.php?mode=mp3

for a new member, you're doing great! posted this in the right section and everything! welcome aboard.

The only thing that guitar needs is a custom strap that says "Orion's Belt," because, as we all know, the Galaxy is on Orion's belt.  :laughing7:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Seriously, nice axe.

Damon said:
The only thing that guitar needs is a custom strap that says "Orion's Belt," because, as we all know, the Galaxy is on Orion's belt.  :laughing7:

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Seriously, nice axe.

Gotta love MIB!  They were in the middle of filming a 3rd part to MIB, and halfway through filming, Will Smith decided he didn't like the script, so they had to stop filming and rewrite it.  :dontknow:  What a diva...

Thanks for the compliment on the guitar!

B3Guy said:
for a new member, you're doing great! posted this in the right section and everything! welcome aboard.

Thanks!  While I'm not new to forums, I'm new to this one.  :icon_biggrin:  The only problem I've run into on this forum is that I can't find an option to "multi-quote."

Torment Leaves Scars said:
B3Guy said:

Thanks!  While I'm not new to forums, I'm new to this one.  :icon_biggrin:  The only problem I've run into on this forum is that I can't find an option to "multi-quote."
You can press the "quote" button, which will open the writey-thingy. If you want to add quotes, just scroll down, and click on the "insert quote" :icon_thumright:

And, hey, that guitar is rocking!  :party07:

Big V - AKA "The other guy from Norway" said:
B3Guy said:

Thanks!  While I'm not new to forums, I'm new to this one.  :icon_biggrin:  The only problem I've run into on this forum is that I can't find an option to "multi-quote."
You can press the "quote" button, which will open the writey-thingy. If you want to add quotes, just scroll down, and click on the "insert quote" :icon_thumright:

And, hey, that guitar is rocking!  :party07:

Ah, good to know!  Thanks for that!

And thanks for the compliment on my guitar! 

llmtelecaster said:
I'm still warming up to that headstock shape, but everything else looks killer!

That's actually NOT the headstock I wanted.  When I explained that I wanted the one that was "shaped like an arrow," I didn't realize that there was actually a headstock Warmoth offered called the "Arrow."  The one that I actually wanted was the one that's so common on Gibson Flying Vs!

Given the body's design, I wanted the guitar to look "fast," like a shooting star, given that it's a "Star" design.  I think this headstock actually works better than the one I actually wanted.  :dontknow:  I just couldn't see going with a Paddle or something like that on this guitar, and I didn't want to go with a "copy" like a Fender or Jackson headstock, or something.  It's not a Fender or a Jackson, so I didn't want it to have any "associations" either of them, if that makes sense. 

Personally, I wish the headstock was a little bit bigger, but not obnoxious like the ones found on Dean guitars.  Those just look silly, IMO.

How did I miss this?  That is friggen sweet. :rock-on:  "The Cadillac is sittin in the back...it isn't me...oh no no it isn't me...I'm right at home in my Galaxie...oh yeah."  Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Firebird said:
How did I miss this?  That is friggen sweet. :rock-on:  "The Cadillac is sittin in the back...it isn't me...oh no no it isn't me...I'm right at home in my Galaxie...oh yeah."  Sorry, I couldn't resist.

LOL!  But I wouldn't own a Galaxie.  :eek:ccasion14:

Okay, yeah, yeah I would, but it would have to have a 429ci! 

Come to think of it, somebody just gimme a Torino Cobra Jet.  :headbang:

Here are some better pics, as promised.  These are a little brighter...maybe too bright.  :sad:

IrisandWarmoth.jpg

It is a ice cream magnet.  It really does work.    :icon_scratch: Ice cream?  When the frick did we get ice cream? :dontknow:

There's a lot of cream around here.  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the pics. I must have a Candy Blue strat some day  :-\ :sign13: :help:

SustainerPlayer said:
There's a lot of cream around here.  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the pics. I must have a Candy Blue strat some day  :-\ :sign13: :help:

I would love to build another Star, but the next one, I'd like it to be painted in that "green to yellow" burst.  In a way, I kinda wish I had done that with this one, because I think the guitar would look super-aggressive in sort of a "reptile-like" finish.

Aside from a different finish, I'd like to go with 24 frets instead of 22, and active pickups.  I love the "Wizard" profile neck, but sometimes I feel like it's awfully thin.  Maybe I'd go with a "standard thin" neck, also.

Well, whatever the case, this guitar absolutely ROCKS.  It looks good, it sounds good, it plays good...what else could I ask for?

Back