The day the music died..... RIP Jerry Garcia

BigBeard

A long, long time ago... I can still remember How that music used to make me smile. And I knew if I had my chance That I could make those people dance And, maybe, they’d be happy for a while. But february made me shiver With every paper I’d deliver. Bad news on the doorstep; I couldn’t take one more step. I can’t remember if I cried When I read about his widowed bride, But something touched me deep inside The day the music died. So bye-bye, miss american pie. Drove my chevy to the levee, But the levee was dry. And them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey and rye Singin’, "this’ll be the day that I die. "this’ll be the day that I die."

Fifteen years ago the world became so much quieter...... Heroin, cigarettes and years of not taking care of himself caught up with him. We never thought it could or would happen. Now, all of his dancing bears cannot even shake the tears from their eyes, let alone their bones. We miss you Captain Trips, so much that we can hear you and see you in the wind and the clouds on a beautiful day. His brothers carry on, but with sadness in their eyes, they miss him too. It is so hard for us sometimes, thank goodness he left us his music. He made sure our love will not fade away!!!!!

Fare you well, fare you well I love you more than words can tell. Listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul.

080905-Jerry-Garcia.jpg
GAP0017-03-FP.jpg
jerry_garcia-431x300.jpg
jerry-garcia-cp-250-1342090.jpg

April 5, 1994 was my saddest music day.
The anniversary of a lost hero is never an easy one.

don't be sad B Beard, just celebrate his music and honor him by consuming some dutch herbs... that should cheer you up!

oh and btw,
both Joey6 and Optimus Prime have it wrong...

3 significant dates:

4 January 1986

March 19, 1982

8 December 1980

AutoBat said:
April 5, 1994 was my saddest music day.
The anniversary of a lost hero is never an easy one.

I don't think I'd call him a hero, but I was at the fountain.

-Mark

I was born 2 weeks after Lennon was killed, Beatles music played quite frequently whilst I was growing up.

AutoBat said:
I was born 2 weeks after Lennon was killed, Beatles music played quite frequently whilst I was growing up.

I was living in Marin at the time of Jerry's death. He was building a house about a mile away that immediately went into some sort of litigation and Bob Weir lived down the street (in a much nicer house than me needless to say) and that day and a few days after you couldn't travel around Mill Valley. Sad indeed. Heaps of Deadheads in Marin. RIP

8 December, 1980 - Lennon.

Great musician but a blatant hypocrite - ironically, "Instant Karma" got him.

And what?  Nobody lists Elvis?  C'mon!   :icon_jokercolor:

August 16, 1977.

My own personal choice?

19 March 1976... typically played a Les Paul through Marshall/Orange amps.  English chap.  Crazy vibrato.

In the news today:

John Lennon's killer up for parole again
Mark David Chapman has been in prison for 30 years for murdering Beatle

PT said:
In the news today:

Yeah, he's applied quite a number of times. Rejected every time.

Max said:
PT said:
In the news today:

Did you know he got 20 years to life for a guilty verdict for 2nd degree murder? Yoko says she still fears for her life from him while he is claiming contrition. It would terrible to let him out.

PT said:
Max said:
PT said:
In the news today:

Did you know he got 20 years to life for a guilty verdict for 2nd degree murder? Yoko says she still fears for her life from him while he is claiming contrition. It would terrible to let him out.

What's she scared of? Didn't John get 6 bullets and Yoko wasn't even shot at?

Clearly he missed.. but still..

September 18, 1970
August 27, 1990
May 11,  1981
September 12,  2003
March 31,  1995

We are so lucky that the legacy of these talented people lives on. :eek:ccasion14:

Back