The ChameleonCaster

rahimiiii

This is my first attempt at using Auto air Color. I was not very good at it and therefore the finish looks very rough even though the clear coat is smooth, and that there were little black and green dots in places... I plan to sell this body after I complete the swamp ash body from B Hefner. I am still waiting on electronics which has been hung up in the mail for almost 4 weeks already... I don't know why.

You really need to see this body to appreciate it, because I can't take good picture of this one...

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

What color is it? Blue or Green?

It looks fine

And why sell it? Whos B Hefner? what kind of wood is it made of? and how much do you want? And if your gonna sell it, why does it matter if you do it before or after you complete the swampash body?  sell it now, or keep it forever.

Ernie Ball / Musicman uses a similar paint. They call it "Mystic Dream".

Were I  too actually paint a guitar I would seriously consider ALSA Mirrachrome, or maybe one of many other types of weird paint ALSA offers.

Samples --> http://www.alsacorp.com/products/salesaccessories/alsa_complete_spk.htm

I need this body so I can sell the other swamp ash body that is a touch too heavy, and basically rotate them around. I am selling because I need to fund the purchase of a good amp... sorry my budget is really limited and I rather have a guitar and an amp instead of 2 guitars and no amp. The color goes from purple to green to silverish-green. The camera makes it look blue for some reason... It looks very beautiful from 2 feet away but if you looked at it with a magnifying glass it doesn't look too good since AAC doesn't spray anything like lacquer or other solvent based finishes.

B hefner is a user on ebay who sells guitar bodies and neck... they are a little cheaper than Warmoth (119 for a swamp ash or alder body) and they seem to use better wood because both bodies from B hefner I have gotten never weight more than 4 pounds.

This body is made of Alder.. If I am going to paint something solid I'd use alder because its a waste to grainfill ash only to paint it... unless that ash looks horrible...

Alfang said:
What color is it? Blue or Green?

It looks fine

And why sell it? Whos B Hefner? what kind of wood is it made of? and how much do you want? And if your gonna sell it, why does it matter if you do it before or after you complete the swampash body?  sell it now, or keep it forever.

Bernie is the owner of edenhaus guitars (www.edenhaus.com) he was a co-starter of valley arts guitars is simi valley calif. He is also a licensed authorized Fender parts and body manufacture.  He is located in whittier calif.

Back