Telecaster Deluxe

B

biv070

Howdy everybody,

I built this about six months ago, and she quickly became my Number One. She has a solid mahogany Telecaster Deluxe body finished in Gold Top Gold and a maple neck with an ebony fretboard and a reverse Telecaster headstock, both from Warmoth.
jqxYwbz.jpg

She's loaded with a Duncan '59 in the neck, and a Duncan JB in the bridge.
XWwaI7j.jpg

She has a Callaham hardtail bridge, with the rear lip filed away to allow the strings to pass back to the Bigsby. The Bigsby is modified with Callaham's front roller and string shaft. Also, she's wired up Jimmy Page style (volume pots split the humbucker's coils, and the tone pots do series/parallel and phase).
qgC8GBl.jpg

She's string-thru and I installed ferrules just in case I want to do away with the Bigsby at some point.
e7687ea.jpg

Schaller locking tuners to deal with the gratuitous Bigsby abuse.
jwR8KZK.jpg

No. No, it's not a Fender. Just has a cheap decal until I think of some way to stylize the headstock. You can also see a TUSQ nut that helps keep her in tune.
WLQ9zuH.jpg

She's an all-around great guitar. Very versatile. I'm in a few bands and I play everything from doom/stoner-ish metal, Foo Fighters and Pearl Jam covers, to blues rock. She can handle it all with ease. The Warmoth parts are of the highest quality. I'm already drawing up a sister guitar that'll be loaded with P-90s.
hbEPpur.jpg

Hope y'all enjoyed.

Man, that's one big guitar.  :icon_jokercolor: Seriously though, it's a beaut. It's contributing to my nascent Bigsby jones...

One ? : what happened with the decal? How did you put it on?

Back