Swamp Thing Tele (T-S-H)

No problem let us know how you get on.

It is always useful to document this stuff. Sometimes I have done a google search and end up finding a link back to something I posted a couple of years back. You never know when something ends up being useful.

Ok removing the red, leaving the white and ground on the post with the black to hot is the sweet spot.
I thought it sounded good with the red white and ground grounded but separating the red wire made it even better (fuller sound all around).

Attachments

• Obsidian.jpg
    Obsidian.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 30
Good that it is sorted out.

What is the control device you have?

The block itself seems to have connections for hot and ground for each pickup, and for other grounding points so also having a "ground post" on the back of the pot seems a bit odd if not redundant.

stratamania said:
Good that it is sorted out.

What is the control device you have?

The block itself seems to have connections for hot and ground for each pickup, and for other grounding points so also having a "ground post" on the back of the pot seems a bit odd if not redundant.

Yeah. Thanks again for your help.

ObsidianWire.com custom "Nashville" 5way (500K). The accessory ground post is definitely overkill but I'd never had one of their controls before and it was offered as a free upgrade. Initially I thought I'd just use it as a shielding ground but as it turned out I liked using it for some of the pup grounds too.

I'm going to call it. DONE. Love it. I think the figuring is actually becoming more visible each day.

Props and Thanks to the awesome people at Warmoth.

index.php

Attachments

• SwampThing_12312017.jpg
    SwampThing_12312017.jpg
    794.4 KB · Views: 204
BigSteve22 said:
Great looking axe Brother! Congrats  :icon_thumright:
Rgand said:
Lookin' Good!  :icon_thumright:

Thanks guys. I'm really excited about it. I'm nowhere near the player everyone here is but man I love playing on this guitar. So comfortable and it sounds so nicely.

Quick clip from this mornings practice (using the T and S pups blended).

[youtube]pQj3qbCs6HA[/youtube]

Thanks for the clip!

Now that you've spent eleventy-bajillion dollars building the instrument of doom, go out and unclench $10 for a decent metronome. Trust me, and you can thank me later - you gotta do this. No matter what you think you know, play it against a metronome slowly and accurately. Only increase the speed of that aggravating little bugger when you can do it and play making zero mistakes. If you make any mistakes, you're going too fast.

Good players don't practice until they get it right, they practice until they can't do it wrong. Slow is the way there.

Cagey said:
Thanks for the clip!

Now that you've spent eleventy-bajillion dollars building the instrument of doom, go out and unclench $10 for a decent metronome. Trust me, and you can thank me later - you gotta do this. No matter what you think you know, play it against a metronome slowly and accurately. Only increase the speed of that aggravating little bugger when you can do it and play making zero mistakes. If you make any mistakes, you're going too fast.

Good players don't practice until they get it right, they practice until they can't do it wrong. Slow is the way there.

I use a metronome off camera, I agree it certainly helps. I just hate recording videos with clickers in the background. Been looking at those vibrating watch metronomes though.

Fred_Buzz said:
I use a metronome off camera, I agree it certainly helps. I just hate recording videos with clickers in the background. Been looking at those vibrating watch metronomes though.

I've been lusting after one of those wristwatch metronomes ever since they were introduced, but they're still pretty pricey. I don't understand it. I've seen Dick Tracy watches that will do everything but manage your stock portfolio in the sub-$20 range, so why does something that just vibrates on a regular basis have to cost so much?

Cagey said:
Now that you've spent eleventy-bajillion dollars building the instrument of doom, go out and unclench $10 for a decent metronome.

Figured out a way to record practice while using a metronome and but not have to listen to click in the recording later (GarageBand for the win).

[youtube]9LrYki97B9k[/youtube]

Lyrics Draft:

I see you
You see me
We don’t see each other
Never ever meant to be
Not in the cards, you and me

I will root...
I will cheer...
wish you all the best from over here

Go ahead move along
I’ll stay here and sing this song

I will root...
I will cheer...
wish you all the best from over here

I’ll stay here...
Because this is not a love song

**Sorry about the static though, seems my locksmith cable's going bad (noisy even without plugging in the guitar.

Much better.

Noise sounds like clock noise from chorus pedal. Move it away from guitar/amp.

Back