Strat Inspired Build

JPOL007

It started out as a Warmoth Mahogany routed body blank. After countless hours of sawing, sanding and rasp work, she’s done.

Warmoth mahogany blank

Warmoth birds’ eye on birds’ eye pre-Hombre neck

Hip shot tuners

Custom made birds’ eye pickguard and tremolo cover

Raw vintage tremolo springs

Wilkinson VS100N tremolo

Obsidian Wire controls

Golden Age neck and middle pickups

Seymour Duncan SH4 JB bridge pickup

Attachments

• BD FINISHED 2 copy.jpg
    BD FINISHED 2 copy.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Brad Final copy.jpg
    Brad Final copy.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 34
While, personally, the Hombre headstock on a Strat looks like it will bring a disturbance in the Force.....very nice work.

I've toyed many times with getting a body blank and going to town. Correct to assume it came pre routed for everything you needed, and then you carved the shape?

While, personally, the Hombre headstock on a Strat looks like it will bring a disturbance in the Force.....very nice work.

I've toyed many times with getting a body blank and going to town. Correct to assume it came pre routed for everything you needed, and then you carved the shape?
I agree with you about the headstock, semi-pointed guitars need semi-pointed headstocks. The guy I built it for wanted a John M. clone. I got to play with wood and someone else provided the funds. The body blank came with all the routs to build the guitar. I even got Warmoth to put the bridge inserts in for me. The routing was dead on and everything fit great. Thanks for the compliment.

Maaaaannnn I really like that birdseye pickguard / birdseye neck. I’m with the consensus that a pointy headstock would send this into awesomeness but I still think it’s a great build.

I love hand beveled guitar edges. I have a WIP SG style thing and beveling the horns and edges was a fun project.

Maaaaannnn I really like that birdseye pickguard / birdseye neck. I’m with the consensus that a pointy headstock would send this into awesomeness but I still think it’s a great build.

I love hand beveled guitar edges. I have a WIP SG style thing and beveling the horns and edges was a fun project.
Thank you, using a shinto rasp is a satisfying experience. This my first build for someone other than myself. I have 4 others to build because of this one. A modified Mocking bird style, SG-ish, LP Jr-ish and a pointy head that will have some headless body components.

Hot hot!
I can't say that I like that headstock shape on a strat, but everything else is tasty

Hot hot!
I can't say that I like that headstock shape on a strat, but everything else is tasty
Thank you for the kind words. My buddy wanted a PRS Strat vibe without investing PRS money. I had the Hombre neck from another build and he got it. I learned a lot with this project for sure. It sounds great clean and dirty.

Back