Soloist Build #2

Rich5150

So i got my neck and body in the other day, unfortunately i had to send the neck back to as they didn't do the Floyd shelf it is what it is, its on the way back and they are going to take care of it and send it back.

In the meantime i did a little work on mounting the Gotoh 1996, drilling for the Vol pot (Lynch Wiring the push pull is the pickup selector) and mounting the input jack. The finish is Montys Guitars Montypresso wax, nothing fancy keep it as raw as possible.

IMG-0978.jpg

IMG-0977.jpg

IMG-0975.jpg

IMG-0974.jpg

IMG-0973.jpg

IMG-0979.jpg

IMG-0980.jpg

The MontyPresso seems to have worked well on that body. Isn't it something he normally sells for fretboards?

That isn't great getting a neck where the Floyd shelf has been missed...

Tip: If you use the BB code for the full images they work in this forum and make it easier for others to view.

It is generally used for fretboards, but wood is wood. Im just crossing my fingers that the neck comes back useable.

Rich5150 said:
It is generally used for fretboards, but wood is wood. Im just crossing my fingers that the neck comes back useable.

Sure no reason for it not to work and seems to have done a good job on your body. And also I hope your neck arrives too. Was it a showcase neck or a custom order?

It just struck me that a number of forum members may not know what Montypresso is so here is a link.

https://www.montysguitars.com/products/montys-montypresso-relic-wax

stratamania said:
Rich5150 said:

Sure no reason for it not to work and seems to have done a good job on your body. And also I hope your neck arrives too. Was it a showcase neck or a custom order?

Custom Order

Rich5150 said:
stratamania said:
Rich5150 said:

Custom Order

Wow, that is quite a thing to be missed.

alexreinhold said:
Reminds me of Nuno's N4
Me too. I used to take my guitars to Stephens Stringed Instruments where the Nuno prototypes were made. Cool neck joint for sure.

Now back to the build at hand!!

Sweet looking, cool grain patterns, I like raw as possible too.  :headbang: I don't like shinny finishes anymore...

So i decided to mount and solder up everything today. Duncan Custom in the bridge and Vintage Rail in the neck

IMG-0989.jpg

IMG-0990.jpg

NedRyerson said:
That's sweet.  What are you using for the mounting screws?

Thanks
Mounted the bridge with the FU-tone PMS https://www.fu-tone.com/product/pms-pickup-mounting-system/

Neck is just a strip of foam for height and some tele mounting screws.

I love the simplicity of the layout and the overall minimalism of the aesthetic!

How's the noise with that simple of a layout and no shielding around the cavity?

Hope you get your neck back correctly soon!

bostjan said:
I love the simplicity of the layout and the overall minimalism of the aesthetic!

How's the noise with that simple of a layout and no shielding around the cavity?

Hope you get your neck back correctly soon!

Thanks

I have no noise, my other soloist body is wired the same way. with no shielding and I get no noise. I don't think shielding is needed with humbuckers, but that's my opinion.

My neck is on its way back and I should have it on Tuesday so fingers crossed its good to go.

Heres a pic of my 1st build from about 7 years ago.

IMG-1002.jpg

So i got my neck back the other day and with the nasty weather here in NJ this weekend i decided to bolt it up and get it playing. It set up great action is at about 3/64ths at the 22nd fret which is right where i like it. I also included a shot with his 7ish year old brother and my 1st build. there is a def theme that runs with them as i was going for that Charvel San Dimas Style.

Specs for the body were Mahogany and Koa its got a Duncan Custom in the Bridge and a Vintage Rail in the neck, Gotoh 1996t trem and a CTS Push pull for the pickup selection.
Neck is fully roasted Maple, 1 11/16 nut width, R3 Floyd nut, hipshot griplock tuners, Wolfgang neck carve, 10-16 Radius and Turquoise inlays.

IMG-1078.jpg

IMG-1079.jpg

IMG-1080.jpg

IMG-1081.jpg

I'm usually not into the all natural woods look, but there is no denying these two look really great.

Back