Seymour Duncan Hypersonic Switch

stratamania

Mythical Status
Seymour Duncan have just released details on a new 5 way switch which you can reconfigure many ways with a Bluetooth app.

Here is a playlist with installation and how to operate it.

You can check out more details and videos at the below link.

Last edited:
Its super disappointing that you cant get coils wired in parallel on a single humbucker. Hot rails in parallel is a great single coil sound and same for prails in parallel.

I am not very interested because of this :(

Interesting idea, but not for me. Switching is easier. Freeway switches get you some of the way there.

I can see it being useful for those that like to try out different combinations. Or in a test bed type set up before committing to a particular wiring scheme.

A few years back, MusicMan did some guitars called the Gamechanger which did a similar type of thing but this obviously can be fitted to a guitar you already have.

Its super disappointing that you cant get coils wired in parallel on a single humbucker. Hot rails in parallel is a great single coil sound and same for prails in parallel.

I am not very interested because of this :(

It could be because the red and white has to go to the same terminal or in a stack the split cable and of course for a parallel wired humbucker, you would need to have both the red and white treated as separate wires. They have probably gone for the most flexibility across the range.

For anyone curious, Warmoth will not be carrying this product--or at least, not at this time. It does not properly sit within the internal blade switch recess on rear rout bodies without modification.

It is also too wide to drop into a top rout Tele's control cavity. It does work great under a pickguard in a top rout Strat, though. The solderless terminals make swapping pickups a breeze. Takes longer to unscrew the pickguard than to wire the switch.

I like the idea, but on the other hand I get excited about innovations, in general 😜
Seriously, when I learned the basics of wiring (very recently) it struck me that current guitar wiring is like guitar pedals were before midi. You should be able to just connect whatever you have in a simple way, and then switching and combining should be super easy.
I see the Hyperswitch a good step in that direction and I am happy that a company like Seymour Duncan invents something like this.

Oooooh .... test bed idea! That actually is a good idea for a video. Like I said, I can't see it as something I'd use on the fly, but test bed .... mmmmh need to think ... and you say it's solderless .... like the liberator.

Last edited:
Back