September 2015 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the September, 2015 Guitar of the Month contest!  September's contest will be "Warmoth/professionally finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will posted to this message, which is September's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from now until September 7th, so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post additional photos in any replies to this thread.  Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine. Links will not be included in the entry descriptions.

Please try to stick to the entry requirements:
1024x768 pixel images maximum as attachments please, not embedded in the email or linked to external sites.

Include your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name.

Instruments finished by Warmoth (or another professional finisher) this month.

Sorry, but entries that do not meet these requirements may not be included in the contest. If you're having technical difficulties, get in touch!  (But only about contest entries please!)

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 by vikingred

Body:  Black Korina (UC) on Black Korina, chambered, contoured heel, 720 mod, with a satin finished by Warmoth

Neck: CBS Stratocaster style, Bloodwood, hand burnished with 2000 grit sandpaper, no oils or polish, waterslide label applied w/ layered shellac/lacquer

Fretboard: Ziricote (UC)

Nut Width: 1-11/16" (Floyd R3 Nut)
Back Shape: Standard thin
Fret Size: SS6105 (Stainless)
Tuners: Gotoh SG38
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Scale: 25-1/2"
Tremolo: Original Floyd Rose, Black
Inlays: Mother Of Pearl Dots
Side Dots: Mother Of Pearl Side Dots
Pickups: EMG 57/66 humbucker set, single volume knob

DHFH50l.jpg

sijbasv.jpg

Guitar #2 by vetteman

Warmoth pre-finished Vintage Modern neck and a partially routed unfinished mahogany Telecaster body. The neck features a 1-11/16" Graphtech TUSQ XL nut, 6105 frets black face and side dots with a compound radius fretboard in Vintage Tint Satin Nitro.  The Warmoth body was bare mahogany with only the strat neck pocket and neck pickup rout when received.  After some careful measuring I routed the big hole for the 10-1/2" Continental style cone which is covered by a National cover.  The bakelite pickguard houses a Lace Sensor Silver pickup wired directly to the output jack using a resister and capacitor to approximate a not quite maxed tone setting.  Strings are DR Zebra .10's.

LZR7cdg.jpg

QHixiBu.jpg

Guitar #3 by yonoid_man_man

Warmoth Bass6 Neck
Neck: Wenge
Fretboard: Ebony
Tuners: Hipshot Grip-Lock Tuners with UMP

Warmoth Bass6 Body
Body: Swamp Ash
Color: Candy Tangerine
Pickguard: Black Pearl
Pickups: Seymour Duncan Black Winter (Neck & Bridge), Seymour Duncan STK-2n Hot Stack (Middle)
Electronics: Volume/Volume/Tone plus 3-Way Switch (upper horn) for Neck & Bridge Pickups, CTS Solid Shaft Potentiometers, Fender Deluxe knobs
Bridge: Staytrem 9.5 inch Radius Bridge plus Jazzmaster Tremolo (Japanese RI) with Allparts Roller Buzz Stop

I personally did all the electronics and construction, and it was professionally set up by Atomic Guitar Works (http://atomicguitarworks.com/) in Peoria, AZ.

UnNoKPS.jpg

MGAqmx7.jpg

Guitar #4 by Bagman67

The guitar is named Quty Pie afer a chalk drawing my little girl made when she was five years old, translated to a neckplate by DangerousR6. Assembly and fret treatment by Cagey, whose work is stellar. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Specs:

Body:
Warmoth carved-top tele with unique choice quilt maple top on a mahogany backside. Strat neck pocket.
Finish by Warmoth: Purple edge burst into clear, clean masked edge, with clear gloss finish on the back.

Neck:
Showcase Strat neck in quartersawn wenge, SS6115 frets, clay dot markers. Black Graphtech nut.

Hardware - all black:
Tuners: Planet Waves autotrim
Bridge: Wilkinson VS100 tremolo
Knobs, pickup bezels, etc: black chrome.
Neckplate: Custom DangerousR6 "Quty Pie" original.

Electronics:
Santana II pickups harvested from an unused PRS Santana II.
One vol., one tone, with a .001 mF treble bleed; Black Electrosocket jack.

NgXQb78.jpg

Hux23DR.jpg

Guitar #5 by HTSMetal

Gemini Sunrise Telecaster

Warmoth Pro Standard Thin maple/rosewood neck with:
6150 stainless steel frets
Tru-Oil finish
9.5" radius
Kluson tuners

Warmoth non-chambered Tele body in Brown Burst finish with flame maple top
Acoustasonic Tele pickguard
Fender Original Vintage Tele pickups
Wilkinson three-barrel Tele bridge with brass saddles

OrpPx0f.jpg

iiy5Jju.jpg

GOM said:
vikingred is our first plucky contestant! Best of luck!

Thanks, GOM.  Could you recheck that first pic, the guitar is cut off at the bottom.  I know I made sure the dimensions fit the required 1024x768.  If necessary, could you edit, and rotate it clockwise so the whole thing shows?  Thanks!

Okay, this just got really interesting.  I am digging the resophonic, for sure.  Nice work.

Just when I was having a difficult time deciding, Bagman67 makes it harder. These are all amazing works of art. LOL, they make my black Strat look so pedestrian.

There are some great entries!  Voting is going to be very, very, difficult.  :laughing7:

Back