Seeking advice on placement of strap button on chambered body

Logrinn

I recently got a chambered 7/8 Tele body and I'm about to do some more work on it. Specifically screwing the strap buttons in place. Now the one at the bottom shouldn't be a problem if I understand correctly, as long as it's aligned to the center line of the body, but what about the strap button on the upper "horn"?
Since it's a chambered body I'm concerned about hitting a space when screwing in the screw for the strap button. Maybe it's not a problem if I do screw into a space, but since this is my first chambered body, I'm not sure what to expect.
Anyone had any experience with a chambered 7/8 Tele body in this regard? Should the screw/strap button be placed at a specific point? If so, where exactly? :dontknow:

Or should I check with Warmoth?

Thanks stratamania. I understand what you're saying and I've thought in these terms myself. But ... since the upper bout on a Tele is so, well, rounded, the question arises: which part of a round shape is the furthest out?
Or ... can you stand in a corner if the room is shaped like a circle? :laughing7:

If you stand the body up vertical with the neck perpendicular to the ground its the part of the bout that is the highest.

Gotcha!
Thanks again.

If we go by this:
cBBSL-Tele.jpg

I guess it's just like you said.

Then again, this is probably not an image of the 7/8 model, but I guess it'll have to do.

I'll let you know if all goes well. Or if doesn't ...

Just put some tape on the drill so you only go as far as you need. Even if the tip touches a chamber the main body of the screw will still hold in any case.

I would not want to put one of those Dunlop flush mount strap loks in however. 

Let the drilling commence  :eek:ccasion14:

Back