Sales that are not sales

Daze of October said:
...Like GC sells any guitar worth stealing...  :icon_scratch:

They have plenty worth stealing.  You were in there afterall.  They have nice stuff.  The issue isn't the stuff in there, it's the business.

The Police:  What did he try stealing?

Guitar Center:  A guitar he brought in with no brand markings or serial number.

I took my Iceman in there to get a case.  At the counter, they did the usual inventory sheet.  No serial number and description, though I did have a Warmoth neckplate with my own serial number, which they did not write down.  I said, "I'm bringing it in to get a case."

When I walk out 10 minutes later, the same employee that inventoried it on the way in stamps the receipt and ask if there's anything in the case.  "Yes, the guitar I came in with to get this case for." They said, "there's no brand name or serial number on it.". Nope, just like when YOU inventoried it 10 minutes ago.

For a different instrument, I ordered a case from them in store.  Of course, there's sales tax in my state, so it cost more to order it.  I had them price match it as if I'd ordered it online, with no shipping and no sales tax.  They said it'd take a week and they'd call.  2 days later I get an email congratulating me on my purchase, thanking me for my business, and asking how the case is working out.  "I don't know.  It doesn't arrive for 5 more days."

Several years back, MF was the only place I could find certain strings at, but I had a weird thing going with their shipping dept - I kept getting free stuff! I'd order like 4 sets of string, and get a $50 tooled leather strap in the box, or a mike boom or something. The only thing I can think of is that the shipping guys hated their job and they were trying to drive it bankrupt. I wish they'd floated me a Marshall stack or something - maybe they inventory the real goodies once in a while.  :sad1:

Back