route for Strat neck plates

WindsurfMaui

I like the traditional square neck plate on the Strat rather than the new rounded corner. But I'm wondering why doesn't Warmoth offer to route the neck plate area so the metal plate is flush with the body when assembled? I would pay $10 for this service. Would anyone else find this useful?

Not sure what you're talking about there Maui ... you got some pics?  Also, pics of routed strat neck plates?

EBMM used to recess their neck plates, then stopped because they kept having problems with tear-out along the resulting thin lip of wood around the edge. Now they just flat-mount them like everyone else.

Warmoth doesn't offer it for the same reasons we don't offer lots of other things, namely:

• Not enough demand to justify the R&D
  • Not how Leo did it, so people rarely ask for it
  • Would cause manufacturing issues similar to what EBMM experienced
  • Not enough demand to justify the R&D

I know guys who do it.  They also recess the front scratchplate and control plate.

On a finished body this requires nerves of steel.  I think they are more than just a bit crazy...

Mayfly said:
I know guys who do it.  They also recess the front scratchplate and control plate.

On a finished body this requires nerves of steel.  I think they are more than just a bit crazy...

Oh....totally. Recessed trem cavity covers a la PRS are also very cool.

Mayfly said:

It's not nerves of steel, it's called skill... :laughing7:

Back