Roasted Maple Arcade from Screamin Deals

ARCnet78

All masked up, ready for...

- Fret level, if my previous neck is any indication (almost perfectly level), a very quick task.
- Re-crown, previous neck did not require any re-profile
- Fret polish, Other than masking, the longest part of the work.

Attachments

• masked_up.jpg
    masked_up.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 48
Productive afternoon.

Frets levelled and polished, as expected no need to crown.

Spent the balance of my afternoon on the back deck burnishing the neck.  YMMV but I am very happy with the results.

If you have a neck that does not require a finish, I highly recommend that you take a look at the burnishing raw necks thread .  It is quite long but there's a wealth of information.

Attachments

• Frets_done.jpg
    Frets_done.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Hand.jpg
    Hand.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 26
  • combine.jpg
    combine.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 28
Well I finally mated the neck to it's body.  Set action and intonation.  I may take it to a luthier to have the nut adjusted, but I think I'll play it for a while before making that decision.    It feels and plays excellent, so happy.

No pictures at this time as I think I want to enter it into a GOM at some time.  Not that it has a realistic  chance at winning but you don't know till you try.

I want to thank the folks who "liked" and commented on this and the out of the box threads.

I also want to thank everyone who have very kindly contributed to the community information and comradery of the forum in general.  :yourock: The wealth of information and support for a noob (or is that knob?  :toothy10:) like me is greatly appreciated. 

ARCnet78 said:
No pictures at this time as I think I want to enter it into a GOM at some time.  Not that it has a realistic  chance at winning but you don't know till you try.

Exactly this.  Enter it regardless because YOU like it.  I entered mine and the only vote it got was my own. Stung at first, but I got over it. I realize my style isn't everyone else's. Next time I have something that I think would be worth entering, I still will, because now I can temper my expectations with the community's sense of aesthetics. :D

Well I've been playing, and adjusting, it for while.  Extremely happy with the end product. 

And as was said in another thread, with a burnished neck, you have to pay attention when you pick it up.  sooooo slippery and feels really good to play.

NedRyerson, thanks for the encouragement. 

Back