Rick Wright RIP

I just found out to ??? One more member of my favorite band is gone, it`s really sad. At least I`m glad I got to se him live once in my life. Amazing artist!

Very sad. :sad:..I just watched VH1s documentary on the recording of Darkside of the Moon.  They were all visionaries.  I too am glad to have seen them live.  I guess I will have to survive on Floyd Lazer light shows!!

oh, my.. Rick was tremendous and often overlooked by the media. His contributions and forging influence are really quite amazing. He did great work. This is very sad news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAydj4OJnwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLJ_QVfT_wM

Cancer sucks.

Just heard about it. That really stinks. +1 to him being an overlooked member. Well, I can still see *some* of Floyd.

Overlooked?  I mentioned to three different supposed Floyd fans at work today that Rick Wright had died, and all three of them were like, "who is that?".  Kids these days.

Yeah, it's crazy.  He was the most self-effacing guy in a band that, really, was self-effacing.

He was satisfied adding his personal touch to Pink Floyd's tracks, and more or less remaining out of the spotlight.  For that, he will always be one of my heroes.  Hearing his keys on "Pigs" still sends chills up my spine...

Blue313 said:
RIP Rick, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
+1.....RIP Rick...

It's kind of amazing how so few people even new his singing was an integral part of the band, and how he and Gilmore's voices harmonized so well. It's rare to find that in a band, but one other that does come to mind is Alice in Chains. Lane Staley and Jerry Cantrel had that kind of vocal groove...

Xplorervoodoo said:
Yeah, it's crazy.  He was the most self-effacing guy in a band that, really, was self-effacing.

He was satisfied adding his personal touch to Pink Floyd's tracks, and more or less remaining out of the spotlight.  For that, he will always be one of my heroes.  Hearing his keys on "Pigs" still sends chills up my spine...

Agreed, Animals has always been one of my favorite albums!

Very Sad, RIP Rick..
have seen them live 3 times but I really wanted to see them one more time complete, with Roger.

Back