Recessed trem covers

JamesL said:
Hey Doc, I do believe Ibanez has a Patent on that.

I don't even believe that is possible, but even if it were, plenty of manufactures recess covers.

this has been discused before. some trem blocks wont have enough room to move with the cover recessed. I dont believe it is pattented by anyone. I have a recessed trem cover on my MIJ Fender Strat and I think that this is something that PRS does as well.

Brian

PRS uses recessed covers as well. It wouldn't be that hard to make a template from a trem cover and run around the trem cavity with the appropriate router bit and do it yourself....

jackthehack said:
PRS uses recessed covers as well. It wouldn't be that hard to make a template from a trem cover and run around the trem cavity with the appropriate router bit and do it yourself....

I've given that some thought.  I do have a router, but am worried about chipping the finish.

DocNrock said:
jackthehack said:

I've given that some thought.  I do have a router, but am worried about chipping the finish.

I lot easier done BEFORE finishing...

jackthehack said:
DocNrock said:
jackthehack said:

I lot easier done BEFORE finishing...

Um, no kidding.  I usually order my bodies finished.  I don't have the time or the patience to do a guitar finish.  I suppose though, I am missing out.

Back