Rear routed Strat * Finished for now* Warning pics.

M

martin007

Heres my rear mouted strat. Slash humbuckers with a quarterpounder single coil. USA deluxe bridge and Tbx tone kit fitted [S1 switching is waiting to go on]
The body is a showcase model and the neck i've owned for a year or so [Maple flamed] i'm in the US in a few months and will buy an all rosewood neck for this body and put the maple one back on my other guitar as I don't think the maple neck suits the body etc.
I had a few problems with the body on delivery and other items I wasn't happy with, customer service was nowhere near to the standard I would have expected but i've let that slide and it won't stop me from buying again.
Body and neck fit was superb and the guitar went together in no time at all. There is a lot of grain showing in the back of the body but this hasn't come out in the photos.
The rear control cover, trem cover and pickup rings are Brazilian Rosewood and I got them from  http://pickuprings.com/home and I can't say enough good things about John who did a fantastic job, unbelievable quality for the price especially to us in the UK.
Anyway on with the pics..................

Picture021.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Very Nice!
I can see how an all rosewood neck would make it even (play and look) nicer!

Nice!  Can't wait to see it with a Rosewood neck!

martin007 said:
I had a few problems with the body on delivery and other items I wasn't happy with, customer service was nowhere near to the standard I would have expected but i've let that slide and it won't stop me from buying again.

I had an issue with my showcase body also, and I wasn't happy about the customer service response either.  I ranted about it on the forum, but I ended up pulling the thread (I won't go into details).  I am very happy with my build, and I didn't want my excessively negative comments to discourage anyone from building.  I will say that Warmoth's customer service some has room for improvement.

I think their customer service is awesome,  I select things from them online, and click the buy button and it shows up. I'm Like 6 for 6 completely happy- oh, except for the $25.00 minimum order.

I for one, love the look of the maple neck against that red quilt. Then again, I'm in the minority because I love maple necks anyway, but that looks great to me.

my god that boby has a sweet looking top!  :eek: :eek:

i'd leave the neck how it is, i like the light/dark contrast

Phrygian said:
Nice!  Can't wait to see it with a Rosewood neck!

martin007 said:

I had an issue with my showcase body also, and I wasn't happy about the customer service response either.  I ranted about it on the forum, but I ended up pulling the thread (I won't go into details).  I am very happy with my build, and I didn't want my excessively negative comments to discourage anyone from building.  I will say that Warmoth's customer service some has room for improvement.

I think they are just really really busy... and maybe a little understaffed. 
I have learned to overlook it, since in the end they always get it right and their product is absolutely worth it! :)

m4rk0 said:
[I think they are just really really busy... and maybe a little understaffed. 
I have learned to overlook it, since in the end they always get it right and their product is absolutely worth it! :)

Of course, I do greatly appreciate the service that Warmoth provides this community.  I think about it every time I look at my guitar, let alone hold it in my hands.  I'm still awed by the quality of materials and craftsmanship.

Back