Questions, Questions Questions (Please help an idiot out)

Hey Guys and Girls,
I am looking at starting my first build over the next few months and I have a plethora of questions I was hoping you could all help me with. I am still settling on the final spec of the guitar such as tonewoods and finishes but I have a basic concept I was hoping to run by everyone to see if or what problems I will have.
I was going to start with a soloist build mainly because being a cursed lefty means I find it really hard to find a guitar with the right spec for me.
Soloist body (Probably Black Korina with Tobacco Burst)
H-H Pick up routing (Dimarzio Crunch Lab and Liquifire)
Single Volume Single Tone and 5 Way selector Switch
24 Fret pickup placement
Rosewood Neck
Ebony Fret board (24 Jumbo frets)
Gotoh Tuners
Black hardware

Now the real issue is what Bridge to use, as this guitar is to my spec I would ideally use a Hipshot bridge but I have read my different threads about what to use etc. Am I right in thinking that if I was to use a Lower Hipshot bridge (.125) I would need to get a 720 Mod to allow proper string clearance? If that's way off of the mark please be don't be afraid to be rude and tell me. Also what would be the ideal bridge route for this bridge? If they're a lot of potential issues for a beginner to run into would I be safer sticking with a narrow flat mount bridge?

This leads me to my next question with regards to the neck, I would like to avoid a strat shaped headstock if at all possible but I know that if you buy an angled headstock it can pull the strings to too much of an angle and give you a really high action, does anyone have any tips or had experience using a fixed bridge (not TOM) and an angled headstock? But as above if they're a lot of potential issues shall I play it safe and get a strat shaped headstock?
One final question, I really like the look of woodmounted pickups as opposed to framed in P/up rings are there any draw backs with the warmoth routes here?
Many thanks for reading the questions of a noob

Why would an angled headstock cause high action? I don't think I've ever noticed a difference, assuming the nut (and it's slots) are the same.

If you want your pups wood mounted all you have to do is tell Warmoth that is what you want and they will route accordingly.
MULLY

As for headstocks, you can get the Warmoth Warhead headstock on a "non angled" neck.  Looks pretty good too.  An angled headstock certainly has no impact on the action. Think of all those Floyd equipped jacksons / charvels / Ibanez shred guitars from the 80s/90s.  They all had angled headstocks and low action.

Back