Questions about Vintage Pearl Pickguard and Megal Logos

MarkF

I am building my first Warmoth Strat and purchased a metal Warmoth logo for the neck.  What kind of luck have any of you had with the logos sticking?  I'll be applying it on top of the neck finish, so it won't be covered with lacquer.  I really like the way it looks, but I don't want it falling off after 6 months and leaving gook/glue on the headstock.

Also, I'm thinking about changing the pickguard on my American series Strat.  Right now it has a plain parchment pickguard.  I'd like to put a Warmoth vintage pearl pickguard on it, but I'm not sure how well that would go with my parchment knobs and pickup covers.  Has anyone seen this combination before?

Thanks for your help.  :guitaristgif:

I suggest to you buy cream ones... perhaps make the miracle of agening it (don't know much but I red something about let it sleep in coffe  :icon_biggrin:) and then you'll have a nice one...

I had this guitar for four months and the logo still looks perfect.  The adhesive seems strong enough.  Happy guitar building. :headbang:

Attachments

• Phone 1 027.jpg
    Phone 1 027.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 453
Eric S, that guitar is definitely not posted in the strat portion of this forum. Get to it!

yeah no shit.....i love the way that burst looks on the peghead with the dark hardware.  anyways, the logo on my warmoth is sticking fine even tho i jacked up with tryin to put the made in USA part on there so the logo flyin solo on my headstock....not sure how long i had it, but i'm sure it ain't been half a year yet..

Oh sorry folks,  It is in the Soloist category.  I remember the 80's when the Charvel/Jacksons were using the Fender Strat Headsock for their bolt on guitars.  I like the upper fret access of  the Soloist combined with the contoured heel. its a Jem/ Charvel/ Strat/ Les Paul Standard hybrid. 24 3/4" scale with a 1-11/16" nut--sort a Jackson Dinky.  Rosewood on maple neck.  Flame maple on basswood body.

eric_siu.jpg

REALLY nice guitar dude!

Back