PTB Wiring

Thank you. I actually saw that after I posted. Good thing too!

I installed it as described but now I am having an issue with the rotation of the pot. It does seem to retain more treble as I turn it down but there is such a drastic drop off after the rotation from 10 to about 7 that it's hard to tell. I have ordered a Monotone vintage taper to try after spending a while researching.

Thanks, I just might do that. I saw a video where someone used alligator clips connected to the volume pot and coming out under the pick guard to try the 3 styles and various combinations of caps and resistors.

Just thought I'd let anyone know who's interested. I installed the Mojotone Vintage taper pot and that will do for me. Where before the sudden drop off was around 7, now that volume is around 4-5. And the Kinman treble bleed does pretty good too. Hitting about around 6 and below I do hear some treble rolling off but, for now I'm good with it. I might test out some other values of the cap and/or resistor options in the future. In the last 2 months I have taken this guitar from collecting dust to being excited to play it. And I want to get on to some other mods / upgrade / tweaks on other guitars. Thank you all for the tips, advice and help. I'll probably be bugging you again soon!

Back